2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2011 4:45 PM by ranaleon RSS

Internet Viewing disconnects every few weeks

bigoxygen

Hi

Streaming through the internet works for a few weeks....then it disconnects (cannot connect).

I suspect a problem with the router (dlink dir-628) or the slingbox tuner.

I had to manually configure the slingbox internet settings.  I gave the slingbox a permanent lease on the DCHP server and configured the port forwarding.

Please help!

Thanks in advance

• Re: Internet Viewing disconnects every few weeks
          hmiller Newbie

hey

when you say you cannot connect, do you mean you cannot connect to the slingbox while you are away from home? or do you mean you cannot connect to your slingbox at all (either while you are at home or away from home).

if the problem is just while you are away from home, does a simple restart of your router and slingbox solve the problem? if it does, i would think that the problem is with your router.

If the latter problem is what you are experiencing and a simple restart doesn't fix it, the problems is probably with the slingbox.

i couldn't find anything in the slingbox support site that covers this very well. but I believe that if the issue is with just the connecting while outside your home, that the problem is most likely with those port forwarding settings in your router.

• Re: Internet Viewing disconnects every few weeks
            Apprentice

Hi, bigoxygen.

The following link will provide you with some steps to follow in order to fix this issue.

What to do if your Slingbox connection drops

Let us know how it works for you.