10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2016 10:42 PM by NYJJ99 RSS

I can't update my SlingPlayer solo

ACC6128371
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I recently reset my slingbox because I change cable provider and my box wasn't receiving the signal from my new cable box, now that I'm trying to update the download doesn't go further than 25% I had tried everything even turn my antivirus and firewall off.. help please

• Re: I can't update my SlingPlayer solo
          alanrichey42 Master

You are probably the hundredth person to ask this question    I guess you didn't search the forum before posting ?

The answer is that there is a bug in the Mac software that Sling can't be bothered to fix.   You need to borrow a Windows machine for 15 mins.

NYJJ99

I have had a Slingbox solo since 2009 with minor to now issues.   Now within thre last 2 weeks I have been having problems.  Here is my issue. The Slingbox is set up in parents house in extra bedroom near the computer and all is good.  Using a sling link from the computer to the Sling box where there is another sling link plugged in the wall.   All working good. It plays when I watch it over the Internet using the PC as well as when I leave the house and in my sling player app on my iPhone using my cell service internet.  At home now and it still works in my iPhone using my cell service and home wifi.    I used my home PC and works fine.   Here is where the problem is, at home I have my modem and my router all good.  Sling link plugged into back of my Routet and plugged in wall. Next, sling link into wall in my living room and Ethernet plugged into back of my Sling catcher. I power up he slingcatcher and always says "No Network". Mo matter what I do , reset sling catcher /unplug it and reset my modem and router.   Nothing works.    I went back to my parents house and updated the Slingbox solo and all is good.   Bottom line is I cannot get internet in my Sling Catcher. No Network appears and yet I can see it on my sling player app on my iPhone and laptop in my home wifi.  So why doesn't t work ?   Btw I know there is internet coming from my sling link.   All 3 lights are on and I even hooked up my laptop via Ethernet port and fast internet.  So I know it works.  I also bypassed the sling link at my home and used a smart repeater extender next to my TV in the living room with rebroadcasts internet from my Router and extends it stronger to the rest of my home. I even tried another Sling catcher and still cannot connect ?  What could be the issue ?    Anyone please.    Thanks.   John

alanrichey42 Master

I never managed to get my Slingcatcher to work with a Slinglink either.  I had to use a direct cable.

NYJJ99

I am using sling catcher for years now and  using a sling box solo with it.   Never any issues.  Now I keep getting NO NETWORK on my Slingcatcher no matter what I do.  I can't sign in or anything. I tried resets and 10 seconds holding the button and re booting router and it does not work.  I even upgraded the Sliing Solo and still it don't work.  I am however getting a connection on.my mobile devices while I am away from home and on my streaming devices.   I want however my sling catcher to work on my big screen.TV in my living room.  Keep getting the No Network !  I can't do anything past that.  Even after I reset it and re boot the sling catcher it still has my old IP address from my router in there  but it don't connect.   I know there is internet because I hooked up my laptop using. The Ethernet. Cable that goes linto the sling Catcher and it worked fine.   Any tips would be great. Did something happen in July 2016?   Anybody else having issues with No Network with their Sling catchers ?        Like I said I have the older Sling Solo and it works fine since I can connect to exter al devices and in my desktop away from home.  Just.sling catcher issue.  I have another sling catcher and hooked it up at same location and same issue.   Please help :-(

NYJJ99

Btw I don't think upgrading to a sling M2 or Sling 500 would help with receiving a Network  on my sling catcher since My external devices do work as well as my lap top and table and cell phone all connect using sling player apps on my devices.

lingpo

I'm wondering if you managed to get this resolved? We're having more or less the same problem. We have recently moved to a different state and now using a different cable company. We don't seem to be able to get the slingbox talk to the new network despite of trying to reset it. The relight keeps blinking. If you are successful resolving your issue, we'd love to hear it.

NYJJ99

Yes. Servers came back up.   However I changed routers and now I can't connect again.  This time it's the set up option on the slingbox site.  It keeps telling me my browser is out of date. But it's not ... I cannot set up my new router to my slingbox solo.  Very annoying.