1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 4, 2011 5:51 PM by Fofo RSS

"Code" to finish the setup process.

georgezambrana

I am attempting to setup my slingbox.  I run into trouble first when I have to choose the video connection to my slingbox.  My three options are 1. composite, 2. S-video, and 3. AV connection.  I am using composite for video, BUT when I "click" on the composite screen, only a blue screen with no signal appears in the screen box next to my three choices.  Only when "click" on AV connection am I able to see  my TV channel in the screen box.  My next problem is when I have to choose the type of reciever hooked up to my slingbox.  I have directv, so choose directv.  I then have to pick a model and my model is not listed in the list of choices, so I use "other."  My next BIG problem is when I come to the part that I have to choose a CODE to control my Directv reciever.  I think their are about 25 different codes, BUT none of the codes are able to control my reciever.  Why is this?  I think I may have changed my directv remote control to RF (radio frequency) and after doing some research on this forum page, I found out that the slingbox only recognizes IR(infra-red).  I think this migh be my issue regarding the CODES.  Any other thoughts?  please answer all(3) my questions.  Thanks.

• Re: "Code" to finish the setup process.
          Apprentice

Hi Georgezambrana,

Do you have this issues running the setup using setup.slingbox.com or the SlingPlayer? Take a look at this article;

Watch on Slingbox.com plays audio but no video

My next problem is when I have to choose the type of reciever hooked up to my slingbox.  I have directv, so choose directv.  I then have to pick a model and my model is not listed in the list of choices, so I use "other." 

You can select a similar model and it should work properly. Only to confirm that the IR cable is working properly, you can perform the camera test, take a look at this,

Advanced IR Blaster or Onscreen Remote Control Troubleshooting

My next BIG problem is when I come to the part that I have to choose a CODE to control my Directv reciever.  I think their are about 25 different codes, BUT none of the codes are able to control my reciever.  Why is this?  I think I may have changed my directv remote control to RF (radio frequency) and after doing some research on this forum page, I found out that the slingbox only recognizes IR(infra-red).  I think this migh be my issue regarding the CODES.  Any other thoughts?  please answer all(3) my questions.  Thanks.

The Slingbox will work only with IR, probably that's the issue that you are having, you will need to change that from RF to IR the output configuration on your satellite receiver. After taking care of this, it will fix also your issue #2

Regards