5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2016 4:09 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox with Wow

germangirl251
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi,

I recently changed cable providers from Directv to WoW cable. I got the ultra package with WoW that comes with a DVR, Cable Box, Router combo unit. The new unit no long has the traditional RBG connectors in the back for me to connect the slingbox. So I purchased a converter and converted the RGB cable to HDMI and then USB (this is the only non internet plug in I have). The slingbox is detected but it doesn't get any video out. Does anyone have any recommendations on what else may work?

• Re: Slingbox with Wow
          alanrichey42 Master

OK, this makes no sense.  First the Slingbox has never used RGB so I am unsure of what you mean by that,  and converting from HDMI to USB is a new one on me as well, one is a video signal and one is serial connection

Can you try again ?   And tell us which Slingbox do you have ?

germangirl251

I know it sounds strange. I have the slingbox model m1. The cable that went from the slingbox to the back of my old cable box is an rgb connector. It might be different on the slingbox side, I don't remember. I converted hdmi to usb because my new cable box literally only had a USB port and the ethernet ports. Nothing else......

I can send pictures when I get home of it would help. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

alanrichey42 Master

No it isn't.   What you are talking about is the Component video, which is totally different to RGB.

The USB port on your Cable box has absolutely nothing to do with the video connection, it will be for something else entirely.   The manual should tell you.

And sorry to keep disagreeing with you but your cable box MUST have some sort of video out port otherwise it is simply a doorstop,   That might be a coax out, or a yellow RCA plug or an HDMI....

What model is it ?

germangirl251

I will send you a picture of the slingbox when I get home. The end of the cable that used to be connected to the cable box is rgb. I'm pretty sure the colors alone mean I'm not mistaking this cable for something else. I don't remember what the side that is plugged into the slingbox looks like. From what I'm seeing on the support site I believe this rgb cable is most likely the HD component cable. I do not have a second audio component cable. 

I'm aware the the usb port is not intended for the slingbox but given that I had nothing else other than an ethernet port, and I believe a stand alone auxiliary port, I tried it anyway. 

The model I have is the Arris MG5225G. Actually I found a picture online of what the back of my box looks like. I've attached it to the email.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone