7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 7, 2016 8:57 AM by RSS

Amazon Fire TV Stick

skeeterfl
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello,

Does anyone know why the Amazon Fire TV Stick no longer works with Slingbox Player app.?

Thanks

kb

• Re: Amazon Fire TV Stick

They recently got it restored, but when I see the app on my Fire TV Stick list it saids

This app is not associated with your Amazon account.

When I tried to delete the old Slingplayer app, I get dreadful message I hate

App not found

The app you are looking for could not be found.

VERY UNUSUAL! SMH!

The good news, my Slingplayer on my Amazon Fire TV Stick still works, also on my mom's computer too.

On my Fire TV Stick, it is not working. For a few days I had two app icons, one of which said it was not associated with my Amazon account. Now I only have one, and when I try to open it I get a message saying that the version of the app I have installed cannot be opened, check for an update.  But I can't find an update, nor can I uninstall it. I wish somebody from Slingbox would post and let us know what is going on. I paid $150 for this thing in May 2015 and now it is worthless to me. I'm not happy.

I was told today they are no longer supporting the slingbox app  unless enough ppl complain to amazon to support the app once again....it comes down to whether we complain enough....call 1-866-216-1072 and listen for the amazon tv division the press that prompt...im ****** and they know it

skeeterfl

I just finished talking to Dan at Sling Media. He assures me that the Sling Player app will be available for the Fire TV Stick shortly. We will see. If it is not available shortly I have a whole list of Consumer Protection Agencies I can complain to. I was told by a Sling Media rep that the M2 would work with Amazon Fire TV Stick. I bought the M2 for that reason. Otherwise, I would have continued using my Slingbox Solo.

To: k buck <amuseo09@gmail.com>

Sent: Tuesday, July 5, 2016 1:22 PM

Subject: Re:  - Amazon Fire TV Stick

Amazon Fire TV Stick

reply from Guest in k buck - View the full discussionI was told today they are no longer supporting the slingbox app  unless enough ppl complain to amazon to support the app once again....it comes down to whether we complain enough....call 1-866-216-1072 and listen for the amazon tv division the press that prompt...im ****** and they know it

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in k buck by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Amazon Fire TV Stick in these streams: Inbox

This is a reply to Tom. My wife got her mom a Fire Tablet a few weeks ago. Helping her mom set it up, the new version of the OS would not DL and install. My wife spent an hour on the phone with Amazon CS who insisted that the wireless router was too old and slow (which I knew was ridiculous, it's an old Linksys of mine that is just fine) or that M-I-L's ISP is too slow. So my wife brought the tablet home to use our internet, and it wouldn't update with us, either. So call back to Amazon CS and the problem gets escalated. Guess what? The tablet they sent had such an old version of the OS on it that it wasn't going to update, they sent a new one, all is well. Moral: don't trust anything that Amazon's CS tells you.

skeeterfl

I just finished talking to Dan at Sling Media. He assures me that the Sling Player app will be available for the Fire TV Stick shortly. We will see. If it is not available shortly I have a whole list of Consumer Protection Agencies I can complain to. I was told by a Sling Media rep that the M2 would work with Amazon Fire TV Stick. I bought the M2 for that reason. Otherwise, I would have continued using my Slingbox Solo.

I got it working on my Fire TV Stick last night. I don't know if the app was available by navigating to the apps on the Stick, but I was noodling around on my Fire Tablet and found it in the App store there. It said that it would work with "Voice-Controlled Fire TV" and didn't mention the stick, but when I clicked to "purchase" it for free I had the option to deliver to my Stick -- although it was saying "this app has already been delivered to your Fire TV Stick." I told it to deliver again. Then tried it on the Stick. It prompted me for my Slingbox ID and password, and I had to accept the user agreement again (different than before? I don't know.) After all that, I was able to connect and stream. I haven't tried it yet today, I sure hope it stays working.