7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2016 8:13 PM by RORJoKeTl4 RSS

Fire TV Issue

RORJoKeTl4
    Visibility: Open to anyone

hi,my slingplayer app for fire TV has stopped working. It was the best app ever and the main reason why I bought a fire TV. PLease help!

• Re: Fire TV Issue

Mine stopped working today also.  Sounds like an update that went wrong! 

mine too anybody know what is going on???

I miss watching Slingbox on the Fire TV Stick. I hope it's not permanently gone. I used to love that Mediahhh app where they used to show British TV feeds until TPTB removed it because of geoblocking nonsense (still works on PC). I've tried to contact Amazon about this, didn't help. I know Slingbox are aware of this problem. My theory, the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) since they love to stifle innovation after they succeeded when Supreme Court shut down Aereo two years ago are behind this glitch?

I hope this PR NIGHTMARE comes to an end ASAP!

ACC6374078

That is the whole reason I bought a firestick and it no longer Works....  WTF SLING?????

CountRugen

I'm surprised this forum isn't lit up with complaints!  It stopped working for most fire TVs, and no claim of responsibility from Sling yet.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, rebooted time and again.  If they try to pass the blame onto Amazon - shame on them.  I paid good money for both my box and this broken app.  That money went to Sling and not Amazon, so Sling better fix it! (And soon!)

I've been a Slingbox customer from their beginning & I've gone through many of their products and tons of frustration over the years.  I'm not so sure it has been worth the struggle.  The bottom line is to not expect anything from Slingbox product support. They won't communicate, they don't respond to customer requests and they don't offer any information.  As a Slingbox / SlingPlayer user, expect continued frustrations.  Some things never change...

RORJoKeTl4

the issue is fixed. The app is back on the Amazon!!