8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2016 10:26 AM by orangecrush RSS

Fire TV issue

orangecrush

I use the Slingplayer Fire TV app and have successfully for a year now. Starting today it won't allow me to open the Slingplayer app as it says "Loading" for a few seconds and then returns to the Overview screen. Pic attached and any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

• Re: Fire TV issue
          Johnny7975

Having the same issue. None of my Fire TV apps will load.

jwentworth57

Same issue here, been using the Slingplayer  for Amazon  Firestick app for months without a problem, suddenly in the last 24 hours, it will not load. All other apps on the Firestick (i.e. Netflix, Amazon Prime video, etc) work normally. Already tried unistalling and reinstalling the Slingplayer app on my Firestick.

Orygun

Having the same issue with FireTV starting last night. When I got home there was some error code in the Fire TV. Rebooted. All other apps working. Reinstalled Sling to no avail.

ACC244335

exact same problem: This morning, crash on start.  EXCEPT....if I pull the network cable and disable WiFi, then it starts (but obviously is useless since I cannot reach the slingbox itself).

Hooked the FireTV up to ADB for debugging, and I see:

06-22 09:28:47.286 29279-29279/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main

Process: com.slingmedia.slingPlayerFireTV, PID: 29279

android.os.NetworkOnMainThreadException

at android.os.StrictMode$AndroidBlockGuardPolicy.onNetwork(StrictMode.java:1147)

at com.android.org.conscrypt.OpenSSLSocketImpl.shutdownAndFreeSslNative(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:1115)

at com.android.org.conscrypt.OpenSSLSocketImpl.close(OpenSSLSocketImpl.java:1110)

at org.apache.http.impl.SocketHttpClientConnection.shutdown(SocketHttpClientConnection.java:188)

at org.apache.http.impl.conn.DefaultClientConnection.shutdown(DefaultClientConnection.java:155)

at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractPooledConnAdapter.shutdown(AbstractPooledConnAdapter.java:174)

at org.apache.http.impl.conn.AbstractClientConnAdapter.abortConnection(AbstractClientConnAdapter.java:383)

at org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpRequestBase.abort(HttpRequestBase.java:164)

at com.slingmedia.slingPlayer.InternetConnectivityChecker.SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity$SpmTimedInternetChecker$1.abortConnection(SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity.java:349)

at com.slingmedia.slingPlayer.InternetConnectivityChecker.SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity$SpmTimedInternetChecker.cleanUp(SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity.java:322)

at com.slingmedia.slingPlayer.InternetConnectivityChecker.SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity.doStop(SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity.java:216)

at com.slingmedia.slingPlayer.InternetConnectivityChecker.SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity$1.handleMessage(SpmCheckForInternetConnectivity.java:229)

at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)

at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)

at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5466)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:984)

at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:779)

06-22 09:28:47.286 29279-29279/? I/AndroidRuntime: To Report FATAL to activityManagerService

06-22 09:28:47.287 502-1006/? I/ActivityManager: handleApplicationCrash

06-22 09:28:47.303 502-1006/? W/ActivityManager:   Force finishing activity 1 com.slingmedia.slingPlayerFireTV/com.slingmedia.slingPlayer.Activities.SBNonStreaming

06-22 09:28:47.304 502-29434/? I/ActivityManager: addErrorToDropBox inserted hashcode=1fd70661e9e61740d030602b6f435f9973bfe01d for eventType crash.

ACC244335

Pretty awful that there is absolutely no way to get an actual Sling Media support person (even to email them directly, AFAIK)....short of paying $29.95 for a phone call where they get to say "Ooops", you need another software update

taminishi

I called todayand they said they are aware of the issue and working on a fix