5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2016 12:11 PM by jaswinder05 RSS

Sky Q

munimoses
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi.

I'm upgrading my Sky HD to Sky Q, the problem is: Sky Q does not have any Component or Composite output, only 2 HDMI, does anyone have  any suggestion as to, how to connect the Sky Q box to Slingbox 350, if so, what do I need to buy.

Thanks.

• Re: Sky Q
          jaswinder05 Newbie

A couple of devices a component to hdmi converter, but you need to be careful which ones work with SKY as the HDCP is problematic , sling sell a Gang u version? Have a look at the forums.

I use a HD Fury 4k splitter ( this device has a usb input and can change firmware)which is a hdmi version for the slingbox 500 which has a hdmi out.

munimoses

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. The only cable or box I need is, from HDMI out of the Sky Q box to Component in of the Slingbox, I don't need a splitter, as I'm not going to connect it to the TV in UK. Will check out the forums.

I found this on Amazon, do you think that this will work? 

Portta Pethe HDMI to YPbPr Component RGB Video convertitore 1080i

WhoF7RCL3L

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I just bought this exact splitter on Amazon

(Portta Pethe HDMI to YPbPr Component RGB Video convertitore 1080i)

and i can't seem to get the video to stream (the audio does play through the splitter)

I'm guessing it's the splitter box that is the problem - as most people say you need the Fury splitter, which is FAR more expensive.

Does anyone know of the best way to connect sling box through component cables?

munimoses

Hi.

So what could be the reason, so many people on Amazon, who have bought (Portta Pethe HDMI to YPbPr Component RGB Video convertitore 1080i), says that it works for them?

jaswinder05 Newbie

I have a similar component to hdmi   to this on ebay item number 322148866367 and it works fine with sky hd (not Q) .

It's alot cheaper than the HD fury and works just aswell.

But amongst the cheaper options some do not work, I have first hand experience of purchasing the wrong non compatible converters.

It's trial and error but there are options to HD fury.

Hope this helps