8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2016 3:58 AM by esdwa RSS

M1 straight to TV

reyndert

Hi there - looking to purchase the M1 but I would like to primarily use it abroad to watch on a smart TV. Is that possible, and what's the best possible way?

I understand the slingcatcher has been discontinued, and all the TV options mentioned are streamed from ipad or iphone via a Roku, Apple TV, or similar device.

thanks for your help! rgds

• Re: M1 straight to TV
          RichJ Newbie

I am wondering how VGA connectir from PC handles HDCP or does Cimponent adapter (if you wait for it) strip

Hdcp. Note only interested in location displacement not illicit copying.

sakisson Novice

once you use the cast option, the video will be broadcasted on your tv, while the remote will be available within the slingplayer application > you have just to leave the slingplayer software active on the background while using other applications on your tablet.

As for the firetv I cant tell you if all the remote buttons will be available as I do not have it and most probably i dont have the same set-top box > will be better to start a new thread to find out tte viewing experience from someone with the same set-top as your and firetv stick/box

esdwa Newbie

Here is the solution:

Buy Chromecast and plug it into your TV whenever you will watch. Chromecast supports SlingMedia and it will receive stream from your M1/M2. I have it on two TV's and works every time anywhere.

P.s. And yes, I used to use Slingcatchers myself in past, these are collecting dust now as not compatible with M1/M2 , replaced by Chromecasts. Good luck