1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 5, 2010 12:41 PM by Fofo RSS

Pre-purchase slingbox pro hd for mac

tc13rn

I am going to be temporarily relocating to D.C. I have at home Direct tv satellite HR 22-100 DVR which has internet connection for on demand.

Is the Slingbox Pro HD a device that I can connect to my Direct tv..separate from someone watching tv in home (where the slingbox pro hd/direct tv will be located0?  I guess a few questions..first, since my direct tv dvr is connected to internet via a ac plug adapter to router, will I be able to remotely, order on demand..this usually gets recorded to dvr..then view this from the remote area on my MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard OS.

Second, if this can be done remotely, is it true that I can get dvi to video and audio to audio on televison on remote area and watch from that television, using my MacBook Pro as a 'conduit' for capturing via slingbox online?

Third, I have seen many entries about difficulties with Mac's..does anyone have any feedback on the best way to connect or advise.

Let's say I am living in Dallas, get the slingbox pro hd all set up with direct tv, etc..and when I get temporarily relocated to Washington D.C...I can actually watch direct tv from my home in Dallas, via the internet on my laptop in Washington D.C?

I know that these seem very elementary questions, but I have seen these slingbox pro hds and other slingbox products sold..and stated that they could not get them to work right..I am hoping they are just technically challenged or don't completely problem-solve and lose patience.

Thanks,

tc13rn

• Re: Pre-purchase slingbox pro hd for mac
          Apprentice

Hi, Tc13rn.

We hope this information helps you to make your decision.

Is the Slingbox Pro HD a device that I can connect to my Direct tv..separate from someone watching tv in home (where the slingbox pro hd/direct tv will be located0?

Yes, keep in mind that the Slingbox PRO HD has an internal tuner that will  allow you to watch a different TV signal without affecting to home viewers.

TV Hook up

Second, if this can be done remotely, is it true that I can get dvi to video and audio to audio on televison on remote area and watch from that television, using my MacBook Pro as a 'conduit' for capturing via slingbox online?

Yes, in that case, you can look for the SlingCatcher.

Hooking up your  SlingCatcher

Third, I have seen many entries about difficulties with Mac's..does anyone have any feedback on the best way to connect or advise.

It all depends on your Mac computer. This link will provide you with the  system requirements for the Slingbox PRO HD on Mac computers.

Tech Specs for  Slingbox PRO HD

Let's say I am living in Dallas, get the slingbox pro hd all set up with direct tv, etc..and when I get temporarily relocated to Washington D.C...I can actually watch direct tv from my home in Dallas, via the internet on my laptop in Washington D.C?

Yes. You only need to enable the Internet Viewing feature on your Slingbox.

Internet Viewing

Best regards