9 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2016 10:10 AM by FBarnett1357 RSS

Ruwido (Telus) Remote

FBarnett1357

Has anyone seen a Slingbox remote for Telus Ruwido (slimline 2)?  Telus recently supplied this remote with both a Cisco IPV6015 set top DVR and a Cisco ISB7105 set top DVR.

• Re: Ruwido (Telus) Remote
          alanrichey42 Master

The make and model of the Remote is irrelevant, the only important thing is the make and model of the PVR.  Both these boxes use the same codes, so this should work ?

FBarnett1357

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the reply.

After I sent you my last message, I realized that the remote only controls

the PVR, so it is the PVR that matters.

I was having a terrible time with the Slingbox remote for the PVR.  I did

several things including checking the WiFi signal, making sure the IR

blaster is right in front of the PVR, and trying various remotes.  I ended

up back with the one designated for the PVR, and it was hopeless would

only change channels with repeated pounding the up and down key, and the

number keys would not work at all.  I¹ve now left the house and come back an

hour later, and it seems to have started to work, at least on the up and

down keys.  Let¹s hope this continues, and that the number keys will start

to work.

Thanks again for your help.

Francis

alanrichey42 Master

I assume you are not trying the Custom Remote I built for you ?

FBarnett1357

Hi Al,

I haven¹t tried it.  I assumed that it was for the Bell 9242.  Do you think

it might work for the Telus / Cisco unit?

I tested again, and, provided that I hit them firmly and slowly, the numbers

now seem to work on the designated remote.

I wonder if your custom remote would be better.  I also wonder if I might

have been having an unsuspected bandwidth issue.

Thanks for your help, again.

Francis

alanrichey42 Master

I haven¹t tried it.  I assumed that it was for the Bell 9242.  Do you think

it might work for the Telus / Cisco unit?

What Bell 9242 ?    And the title of the attachment was Cisco IPV6015.zip.    Does that give you a hint ?

FBarnett1357

Hi Al,

Sorry  about this - I have been responding to your email only, which does

not have the .zip attachment.  I just looked at the full discussion and saw

it.

I’ve downloaded it and will give it a go and report back.

Thanks very much again.

Francis

FBarnett1357

Hi again,

Tried the custom remote you sent me.  I got it installed, but none of the

buttons worked.  I restored the standard remote (after restarting

everything), and it works some of the time.

Went through points 1-12 on the troubleshooting portion of the “How to

install” page, and can send you the details if you wish.

Thanks again,

Francis

alanrichey42 Master

Your symptoms suggest to me a weak IR signal.    Are you using the external blaster ? is it positioned correctly ?   Sunlight falling on it ?..............

FBarnett1357

Hi Al,

I sat with the iPad in the same room as the TV and Sllingbox and checked:

- IR works just fine (external blaster right in front of the set top box,

digital camera test worked as well, no sunlight) - instant result from

controlling the channel from the iPad, at least on the TV

- picture on iPad constantly interrupted by the spinning wheel (or

freezing), and immensely variable in quality

- picture on iPad 9 to 29 seconds behind the picture on the TV

I am now thinking this is nothing to do with the remote, but instead

connected with WiFi signal (no ethernet cable connection available to the

Slingbox).  I tried a booster, and the signal from it is high, but switching

to the main network made no real difference.

Thanks as always for your help.

Francis