5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2016 12:43 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox Solo "out" connections

ACC6614601
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi,

What are the "out" connections on the Solo? Does this act as another way to send a stream via cables to another television/monitor at the same time?

Further, what remote do I need to pick to use with a Mystar HD Satellite decoder used in Australia?

Thanks

• Re: Slingbox Solo "out" connections
          alanrichey42 Master

What are the "out" connections on the Solo? Does this act as another way to send a stream via cables to another television/monitor at the same time?

Simple feed-through.    In other words, if you use Composite IN then the signal is sent out on Composite OUT.  You will NOT get a signal on any other OUT.

what remote do I need to pick to use with a Mystar HD Satellite decoder used in Australia ?

Check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Thanks for your replies.

I have so much to learn on this site, but have difficulty navigating around on it.

I read you posts on this thread...

https://community.slingbox.com/message/47074#47074

...I tried to reply there but it always gets a red error message saying things like I am not logged in, but I am.

I tried using the bins and all the methods, but the player/setup tells me the bin is no good.

Sorry, but hopelessly stuck after googling Slingplayer/Slingbox/Austar/Mystar...for 2 days solid

Thanks

ACC6614601

Hi Alan,

After log in/out on multiple occasions, I cannot answer your last forum

post to me.

Could I ask you to enter this information on my behalf, as it may assist

others.

I am most happy for your help. THANK YOU

John

TEXT OF POST I WAS TRYING TO PUT UP

Thank you alanrichey42,

My frustration has now been satisfied following the link that you just

provided.I don't know why I could not find that information myself, but

I hadn't.

I used the S2010_RV.bin and was able to get that remote to do it. Not

all functions, but most.

Those instructions were great, especially the section showing how to put

in the bin file correctly.

For the benefit of anyone else, this was where I was making my error.

I had my bin files located on the windows desktop, ala C:\Users\John\Desktop

Where I got to the point after CUSTOM and entering the path all I was

entering was C:\Users\John\Desktop I was not adding this part \S2010_RV.bin.

As soon as I changed it to the full path of

C:\Users\John\Desktop\S2010_RV.bin then it successfully loaded it.

I wrongly believed it was just asking the location of the bin file (in

my case Desktop) and infact it wanted the full path and file name.

I thus have learned a valuable lesson, and owe gratitude to alanrichey42.

THANK YOU ALAN !