33 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2016 11:21 AM by alanrichey42 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

United tivu 1000

valentinavale Newbie

Hi, can you please create a remote for my Italian tivusat box United tivu 1000?

Thanks

Valentina

• Re: United tivu 1000
          alanrichey42 Master

And that makes three     Please just post ONCE.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi, sorry but I discovered this page only once I posted in the other forum and I thought it was the correct place to ask for a remote for my united tivu 1000. I have already searched for this topic on the forum but with no luck.. Can you please help me?

Thanks

Valentina

alanrichey42 Master

Afraid not.    I get the IR codes off the Logitech Harmony IR database and your box is not on their list.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi thanks for your reply.. Is there something that can be used as a replacement for the original one? Like a universal remote?

Thanks

Valentina

alanrichey42 Master

If you buy a Nevo C2 off E-Bay we can use that to learn your remote ans transfer it to mine.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi, I looked online and I can find this box model with the code 1825 often mentioned next to the remote description.. Can this be of any use to you to identify my remote?

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

How about this ?

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

For some reason I cannot post from my computer (I tried for an hour!!!) so fingers crossed it works from my phone.

I have tried the codw you sent and followed the instructions but no luck - it looks all right, it says Device TYpe PVR and also V1825 and I have used PL (I have a Pro HD) but it doesn't work.. Any ideas?

Thanks so much for your support..

alanrichey42 Master

You don't appear to have read the instructions in full ?   Please do that

alanrichey42 Master

I quote from your reply :

I have used PL (I have a Pro HD) but it doesn't work.. 

And now I quote from the instructions:

If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:.....

I see no report ?

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

my bad, sorry, I have read so many forums in the last couple of days that I must have thought that the report was from somewhere else... Please my report below and please accept my apologies..

1. What model Slingbox do you have? - PRO HD

2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)? - No error code, the remote comes up fine, it just doesn't let me change the channels

3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down) - YES

4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files? - I am using a PRO HD

5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? - I press them, the video currently on stops for half a second and then it stays on the last channel I was watching (which is the one I have left on on the satellite box connected to my slingbox)

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster? - I can't see anything, but I can't see this either in any of my remotes at home. I have used my Mobile Phone Camera pointing at the remote and when tapping buttons I can't see anything..

7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass. - I have moved this around but no luck

8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? - Yes

9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it. - My satelite box manual says it has IR.

10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ? - Not sure what this means..

11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. - How do I do this?

12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know. - No I don't

alanrichey42 Master
                                                    5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work? - I press them, the video currently on stops for half a second 

That is not relevant, it is simply the Slingplayer pausing while it sends the commands.  That would happen with any remote.

6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone 
                                                    Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button?
                                                    I can't see anything, but I can't see this either in any of my remotes at home. I have used my Mobile Phone Camera pointing at the
                                                    remote and when tapping buttons I can't see anything..

OK, well that might be where your problem lies.   Surprised you cannot see anything from the real remote, no-one has ever reported that before.

11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help. - How do I do this?

Press the reset button    It's on the back, a short press does a soft reset, a long press (30 secs) does a factory reset.

Those are all my ideas I'm afraid.   The codes must be wrong, but that is what the Logitech Harmony IR database is telling me.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply,

Is there anything else I can do to test the IR? I am pointing my camera at it but can't see anything when I press the buttons... Am I doing it right?

Tomorrow I will reset the slingbox as well, fingers crossed!

Thanks

alanrichey42 Master

Sorry, the camera test is all I know,

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan, I have tried every possible scenario and now also finally saw the white lights on the remote but NOT on the IR Blasters so I assume that might be the reason why this is still not working. I have contacted the seller and they have offered me either a replacement or a refund - I think I will go for a replacement as I really need something like the slingbox but before I get the same model, are you aware of any better model that would work in the UK and that would support at least 2 devices? Thanks!

alanrichey42 Master

The Products section (top of the page) shows you the available models.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

I got a slingbox replacement as the IR wasn't working - I have now tested the new one (still a pro-hd), the IR blasters work fine now as I can see a little red light when I try to change the channels.. However I still can't change the channels with the custom remote :( can I please ask you if it's possible to get some new codes developed? I did a bit of research online and for my satellite I can find the following codes:

3152 (this one seems to be the most mentioned one)

0037 0556 0714 0715

Would it be possible to get these developed? If it takes too long please can I have at least the 3152 as I don't want to use too much of your time..

Thanks again for your help

alanrichey42 Master

You can't develop a remote using those numbers, it isn't that simple.   I MUST be able to mimic the original remote.  As I said early on, my normal method is to install the device on my Logitech Harmony Remote, but in your case the device is not in their database.   And I repeat what I said before, if you buy a Nevo C2 off E-Bay we can use that to learn your device and install on my Nevo.

valentinavale Newbie

Thanks Alan,

Just one question - do you think that if I buy the Nevo C2 there are good chances that we get the slingbox working? I am saying this just because I am already low on money and I wouldn't want to lose 15 pound (along with the slingbox cost).. Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS

alanrichey42 Master

No idea.   I have a fairly high success rate but can never guarantee it.

valentinavale Newbie

Good, I will buy it then is this the correct one https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391403619876 ? I have looked for nevo c2 on ebay and this one is used and fully working, but it comes with the controller only - do I need anything else with it?

Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS

alanrichey42 Master

Yes, that is all you need.  And you could probably sell it again after we have finished.  Or you might find it useful as it can control a number of devices, replacing lots of other remotes.

valentinavale Newbie

Brilliant, thanks again. I have ordered the remote, I will be in touch once I receive it as I have no clue on what I need to do with it :) 

Get Outlook for iOS

alanrichey42 Master

Hopefully it will come with instructions, but basically you go to http://www.ez-rc.com/ and create an account, plug in the Nevo and follow instructions.  Note this site can be accessed ONLY with Internet Explorer, it won't work with any other browser.

The idea is you then 'teach' your Nevo the codes from your remote so it will operate the device.  You then tell me your login details so I can copy it onto my Nevo and then analyze the codes.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

So, I received the remote and it came with no instructions and no usb cable. I got an old Usb cable I already had and after registering on the website it just wouldn't connect! I am using windows 10 and therefore tried to launch Internet Explorer in compatibility mode, as it was IE11 and the website says it supports only 7 and 8 but with no luck! It keeps saying to connect the remote to my pc via usb, and it just wouldn't work! Any ideas? Sorry to keep bothering you, this is a proper nightmare!

Get Outlook for iOS

valentinavale Newbie

Also, just so you know, I have just tried with a brand new usb cable and still no joy

Get Outlook for iOS

alanrichey42 Master

I had that before I realised it needed to be Internet Explorer.   But it then worked fine for me and i don't think I used Compatibiity mode, just straight IE11.

The other thing to check is to go into Device Manager and watch what happens when you plug the remote in.   A new COM connection should appear and not have a yellow mark on it.

I'm in the USA at the moment but flying back on Saturday so will be better able to help then.

valentinavale Newbie

Hi Alan,

Just tried with another computer (not in my house) and it works, so I just need to understand what's wrong with mine (it's something with the USB connection) and then I will get the codes from my device. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks

Valentina

Get Outlook for iOS

alanrichey42 Master

The camera check works for everyone else.  Are you using a mobile phone camera  ?