3 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2016 6:37 PM by papagayo RSS

Boxee Box app dead?

doctorvox

I have been using two Boxee Box units to remotely receive TV from my Slingbox Pro. The Sling app on both stopped working recently. All other functions on the Boxee Boxes work normally. Does anyone know if Sling cut the cord on Boxee?

• Re: Boxee Box app dead?
          papagayo

I have the same problem  as well. Was out of town from 5-6 to 5-15 and when I returned neither of my two Boxee Boxes would connect to my network in the Slingbox app. Both were working fine (have been for years) before I left. I know there was no update problem or electrical surge to cause the problem because both were unplugged while I was gone. Either Slingbox or Boxee have changed something and it must be Slingbox as Boxee is essentially out of business and hasn't changed anything in a couple of years. Also, other apps on my Boxee still work just fine. When I try to use the Slingbox app on the Boxee it goes through all the normal motions then says it cannot to my network. But when I go to my network settings and use the connection wizard it tells me I am connected using either Wifi or Ethernet connections.My Slingbox model is a 350.

doctorvox

I contacted Sling customer support and they told me that they cut the cord with Boxee and that there was no assurance that the WD players that also supported Sling would do so any more. They told me that the Amazon Fire stick would work fine and didn't require a cell phone, as does the Roku app. I bought an Amazon stick and after I set it up, the Sling app informed me it did not support the Slingbox Pro HD. Not too happy with Sling at this point.

Sent from my iPad

papagayo

Yes, and you are no the only one. Not too happy is pretty much of an understatement as far as I am concerned. The reason I bought my Boxees in the first place was that Sling stated "  Boxee works great with Slingbox". Too bad Sling doesn't care enough about its customers to do anything about it.