7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2010 2:05 PM by reggosnell Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Sling Link Turbo

I have the sling link turbo that just got installed from dish network with the VIP722k receiver.  I have been unable to get the slinglink to connect, each time I try it just keeps telling me there is no device connected.  I have called dish got sent to slingbox and then back to dish.  I need help setting this up, please.  I have tried everything!

• Re: Sling Link Turbo
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Are you using the SlingLink Turbo to connect a Slingbox to a router?  Just make sure you plug it directly into the wall outlet.  Do not plug it into a power strip.

I don't have a slingbox all I was given was the dish network receiver and the slinglink that plugs into the wall.  We have an ethernet cord connected to the slinglink from our internet router.  Do I need something else?  The tech that set up or dish service said that all I needed to do was go into the settings and enter the receiver and it will work, but apperantly not. 

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Maybe your Dish Network receiver has a Slingbox built into it.  I assume you are trying to send your tv signal from this box to your router using the SlingLink Turbo so you can access your tv signal remotely.  The Slinglink Turbo normally includes two boxes.  One plugs into your Slingbox using an ethernet cable and the other plugs into your router.   Then, you plug both Slinglink Turbo boxes into your wall outlet to transmit the signal through your home electrical wiring from your Slingbox to your router.

Now, I guess it's possible your Dish Network box has both a Slingbox and SlingLink Turbo built into it.  If so, then all you need to do is connect the other SlinkLink Turbo box to your router and plug it into a wall outlet.  Do no plug it into a power strip.  Now, if your Dish Network receiver does not have a built in Slingbox or built in SlingLink Turbo, you would need these.

reggosnell

I found out that the Slinglink that attaches to the router must be connected to a "clean" power receptacle. I first plugged mine into one side of a duplex plug. The other plug had a powerbar plugged in that carries everything in my "command and control" center - router, PC, wireless phone system, printer, speakers,etc. It worked sporatically and in a very jerky manner.Later, I moved the connection through the wall to an unused plug on a different circuit. Everything has worked perfectly since. Too much noise really fouls it up!