4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2016 4:11 AM by linhpham2 RSS

Is my 350 dying?

linhpham2

I'm streaming over wifi and in the past hour my 350 has randomly froze on me about 3 or 4 times. I'm using the free app on Google Play.  The picture quality is close to perfect but for some reason I'm still getting random freezes.  I'm assuming that my 350 is close to being dead due to aging electrical components.

• Re: Is my 350 dying?
          sakisson Novice

a) what about a pc connected by cable? does the problem persists?

b) also the moment you loose connection do you see the network led flahsing?

c) using a pc and within the network settings find the ip address of yoru slingbox and then you open a command prompt window and you trype> ping -t xx.xxx.xxx.xxx where xxx is the ip of your slingbox,

if you always get reply's while you loose connection on your phone > then its your wifi settings - try to change the wifi broacast channel of your router ( channels to test 6, 9 and 11 )

linhpham2

I'm not at home right now.  But my slingbox 350 is connected with an ethernet cable  - > switch  - > router. 

I bought an M2 on Monday.  I'll see if that's any more reliable than my 350 over LTE and wifi when away from home.

I might need to replace my router as well.  Although i haven't had any problems with my home computer and being able to access the Internet or do downloads.  So I think my problem is that my 350 is starting to die on me.

sakisson Novice

You can simply try to use a spare power adapter for the 350