3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2016 1:11 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

PRO-HD Connectivity/Reset Problem

garyrdriscoll
    Visibility: Open to anyone

My 4-year old Slingbox PRO-HD is not able to connect to the network and I do not believe it is a router problem.  The Slingbox logo light on the front of the box remains illuminated with bright red lighting, as does the power symbol light.  The network symbol light, however, only indicates a very dull red light.  I am unable to "reset" the box no matter how long I hold down the reset button.  Any ideas on how to remedy?  Thanks!

• Re: PRO-HD Connectivity/Reset Problem
          alanrichey42 Master

If you had done a Forum Search on this problem you would very quickly have found that the reason is that your power block has failed.   Happens all the time on Pro-HDs and there are lots of posts on the forum about it.   Just get a new one.

garyrdriscoll

Alan,

Thank you for your response.  I'm not all that familiar with the Forum

Search in the Slingbox community so I just entered PRO-HD in the search.  I

did not look long enough for the posts that I can now view when I know the

problem ... power supply adapter failure.  I see from the posts that this

has been a problem from the get go.

I just got off the phone with Slingbox and they were not willing to replace

the power supply even though they know they had a problem (very poor

business practice) with their power supply vendor.  I even read them a

reply post from The Slingbox Moderation Team (*beckifields

<https://community.slingbox.com/people/beckifields> *Jun 24, 2012 8:18 AM) that

said: "Thanks for contacting us.  We stand by our products, and we want to

help out. If *any *Slingbox users are having power issues of any kind,

simply call us! The agents may have you perform some basic troubleshooting

steps on the phone, but if it's determined you have a Slingbox or PSU that

needs to be replaced, we'll replace it."

Since there have been subsequent power supply adapter problems that were

purchased from Slingbox (according to the posts), I will opt to purchase a

replacement power supply at half the cost elsewhere.  Thanks!

Gary R. Driscoll

215-767-0055 (cell)

215-345-6460 (home)

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 2:06 AM, alanrichey42 <answers@slingmedia.com>

alanrichey42 Master

Sounds just like Sling Media, they have gone downhill over the last few years.   Re: the new one.  I would be very careful.  The Pro-HD is very sensitive to the power it receives, hence your symptoms even though it is obviously still pushing power through.   Other people have tried the cheaper route and found they have even more problems.   I would actually spring for an official one if I were you.  In fact I would probably recommend buying a spare.   I am actually on my third one now