7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2016 1:27 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Slingbox not working in France anymore

Indi75
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello,

Since last week, France moved all the TV channels to HD. Since then, my Slingbox Pro HD does not recognize these new channels. It seems that the Slingbox Pro HD is not compatible with the DVB-T2, which makes my Slingbox  un-useable.

Is there any option?

Cheers

• Re: Slingbox not working in France anymore
          alanrichey42 Master

That depends on which Pro-HD model you have.   Some have an analog tuner but some also have a digital tuner.   Have you tried re-configuring the coax input ?  If you don't have a digital tuner you will need some sort of cheap DTA set-top-box that accepts the new digital signal and either outputs an analog signal on the co-ax or has composite video (yellow plug) output.   Has the TV Provider not given everyone a new box to feed analog TVs ?

Indi75

The national regulation TV board warned everyone to get an adaptor box yes.

I reconfigured the coaxial input selecting the numeric antenna and retuning all the channels. It found 20 channels but when I try to watch any of them, I get this "no signal" message. So it seems that the Slingbox found the channels but cannot display them.

So it means that I would have to buy an additional adaptor box to convert the DVB-T2 into DVB-T. But this box should have what kind of outputs plugs? The composite with its 3 plugs? You were saying only one yellow plug for composite?  But the back of my Slingbox has 3 entries for the composite signal. Or does it exists box that converts the new signal with an coaxial output? Do you have any box reference maybe?

Fabrice

alanrichey42 Master

I reconfigured the coaxial input selecting the numeric antenna and retuning all the channels. It found 20 channels but when I try to watch any of them, I get this "no signal" message. So it seems that the Slingbox found the channels but cannot display them.

They have probably encrypted the signal at the same time as going digital.

So it means that I would have to buy an additional adaptor box to convert the DVB-T2 into DVB-T. But this box should have what kind of outputs plugs? The composite with its 3 plugs? You were saying only one yellow plug for composite?  But the back of my Slingbox has 3 entries for the composite signal.

The yellow is the composite video  but you also use the red/white plugs for the stereo audio,.

Or does it exists bNo ideaox that converts the new signal with an coaxial output? Do you have any box reference maybe?

No idea, you will have to ask your TV provider that question.