9 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2016 6:35 AM by eric_b RSS

1 less slingbox customer

Nattyboh

$30 to help solve a setup question? Obviously, they don't want me as a customer. I do not get audio on the television I hooked the slingbox up to. It worked before I had a slingbox. I am able to get audio from my iphone just not on the tv. This is my last shot for help before I return the whole rig...

Awful customer service!

• Re: 1 less slingbox customer
          eric_b Newbie

Can you tell us about your setup?  Which SB do you have?  Are you using HDMI, component or composite cables?  Are you using a splitter?

Nattyboh

Sling Media SlingTV (Slingbox 500) (Certified Refurbished)

I followed the instructions. I have both hdmi and component cables connected as the instructions say. No splitter.

Verizon fios arris box

Sent from my iPhone

Nattyboh

Thank you for your response!

Slingbox 500 factory refurbished. I purchased it yesterday. I followed the instructions provided. No splitter.

Verizon Fios cable box HDMI and 5 RCA's output. Into Slingbox inputs (both HDMI and Components). HDMI only out of Slingbox into TV. I have video but no audio on my television set. I am able to use the free sling player on my iphone and computer to get both audio and video on iphone and computer. The free sling player for my Ipad seems to just buffer.

eric_b Newbie

Ok, that's similar to what I have (but I don't have the same TV box).  I guess you've already checked the stupid things - HDMI cable works from cable to TV.  Also, can you check to see if you get audio/video passing through if you only have HDMI connected.  I'm wondering if having both HDMI and component, the box only outputs to one (why it would select RCA audio, I'm not sure).

Use component cabling for both connecting the slingbox to your cable box as well as your TV.Connecting the slingbox to your tv just using a HDMI would cause this problem.

I hope this resolves your issue