4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2016 9:16 AM by Keith_H RSS

HD Pro will not do a hard reset

Keith_H
    Visibility: Open to anyone

The network light on my box was out. In the past, I replaced the power cable and that solved the problem. However, when this problem re-occurred i ordered a new power cable and the network light is sitll out, even after a hard reset.

Any ideas for fixing this problem?

Thanks for any advice.

• Re: HD Pro will not do a hard reset
          heather.sling Newbie

Hello Keith,

Anytime a hard reset is not going through, I always confirm that the Slingbox is plugged directly into a outlet, not a power strip or extension cord. Please read the article below to ensure you are completing the hard reset accordingly.

Slingbox.com - How to reset your Slingbox

Hope this helps!

Sling Media Technical Support

Heather

Keith_H

Thanks Heather - I followed all of the steps in the article, without success.

When when the network light went out in the past (a couple of years ago), I replaced the power chord and that solved the problem. Several days ago I again noticed that the network light was out, so I again ordered a replacement power chord; however this time the network light would still not come on, nor could I do a hard reset.

Do you think the replacement power chord was also bad, as there is no difference in response when I use the old versus new power chord? Could I have some other problem that I might be able to fix / repair?

Thank you very much for your help and assistance.

Best regards,

Keith Hotard

heather.sling Newbie

Hello Keith,

There is a article I suggest to anyone who is having a Network light issue. It usually does the trick by trying all the troubleshooting steps in it. If these do not work, there are a few options for you as far as Out of Warranty replacements, Out of warranty repair, and Slingbox Upgrade Program. You will need to call in to process a out of warranty repair/replacement or to get more information on it.

Slingbox.com - The Network light on your Slingbox blinks or turns off

Hope this helps!

Sling Media Technical Support

Heather