4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2016 6:40 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Failure to install custom BIN file following a re-build

prejbisz
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have been using a Slingbox 350 with a Goodmans Freeview box GDB18FVZS2 as source for more than a year. I was forced to carry out a rebuild of the primary laptop and seemed to have clicked on the reset button while re-installing the necessary files under Firefox for starting Sling player. I lost the custom remote and assumed that a reinstall of the generic C2010_PL.BIN downloaded from the JP1 site would be ok. Obviously this message is to report complete failure. I have read somewhere that Sling does not allow re-installation of the same named BIN file, even though the text of the error message is vague. Can this be rectified against my account, OR should I create a new account, OR have I to purchase a new differently named freeview box (not the best solution). Any Ideas?

• Re: Failure to install custom BIN file following a re-build
          alanrichey42 Master
          I lost the custom remote and assumed that a reinstall of the generic C2010_PL.BIN downloaded from the JP1 site would be ok. Obviously this message is to report complete failure.

Be careful.    I will have built that remote and I use 2010 for ALL my Custom Remotes.  So there are hundreds of C2010 BIN files out there, all different.   Make sure you have the right BIN file for your box.

And unfortunately you don't tell me what the failure is, so I can't offer any suggestions except to try again with the latest set of instructions at http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/how-to-install-a-custom-remote-onto-the-slingbox/ 

I have read somewhere that Sling does not allow re-installation of the same named BIN file.

Not true any more.   The original firmware for the 500 did preclude the installation but that was fixed very quickly some years ago.

even though the text of the error message is vague.

Again you are making my life difficult.    Can't offer any suggestions unless you tell me EXACTLY what the error message was.