3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2016 10:10 AM by ACC6152197 RSS

Web Plugin

ACC4854951

have been trying to install the web plugin in Safari.  The process says it successfully installs but when I try to watch, I continually get a prompt to install the plugin again. It appears that the plugin isn't getting installed despite the 'successful' install notice.  I've rebooted the machine several times with no result. 

Anyone have a solution to this problem.

• Re: Web Plugin
          roger.sling Newbie

Hello William,

The plug-in is installing, you just need to allow it to run through Safari's preferences. 

Click through these steps with Safari running:

Safari  (top of the screen near the Apple logo) > Preferences > Security (tab).

In here click the "Plug-In Settings" button next to Internet Plug-Ins, then "WebSlingPlayer Plug-In".  Set this to Always Allow and click Done.

Next, click Advanced (tab) and remove the check form the box next to "Stop plug-ins to save power".

This should allow the player to work without looping back to the Installation page.

Hope this helps!

Roger

Sling Media Moderation Team

sharivkin

hello. having the same problem .

keeps prompting that it has a newer plugin.

im instaling pluging ...581

yet in safari->preferences it keeps it on ...505.

tried to uninstall/delete the plugin and reinstall.

ACC6152197

Hello,

I'm also having the same problem.  I have put the "Always Allow" on both the Watch screen and the sling box.com (home) screen.  It still wants me to install .581 again.