12 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2017 7:07 PM by alanrichey42 RSS

Problems with remote control for Entone Amulet 515b TV box

mmmlllsss

Dear Slingbox People,

I have spent many hours during 2-3 days trying to set my TV Box (IPTV set box) of the manufacturer Entone and model Amulet 515b without success. My TV provider is sunrise in Switzerland. I have seen that you have in the video source the possibility of choicing the general Entone Amulet, I tryed hundred times and I have even tryed all the other entone models and other different models without success. Does the model amulet 515b include something new?? No Idea.

I found in the forum some bin files for "entone amulet" and I tried also with them without success. I followed all the indications that you explained in the webpages. I am a little frustrated because that is an important feature to have. I would be very thankfull if you could include this model.

Thanks and regards,

Manuel

• Re: Problems with remote control for Entone Amulet 515b TV box
          alanrichey42 Master

Morning.   Remember you are not talking to Sling Media here, you are talking to a normal user who has no connection with Sling and certainly no ability to add a remote to the official database. 

And this is not going to be simple.  This box seems to use a very unusual IR Protocol and maybe sending 2 different codes at the same time.  So here is the first attempt.  Try both 2010 and 2011 and see if either of them operate the box.

mmmlllsss

Dear Alanrichey,

I thank you for your quick answer and your suggestion. I tried these files in the web slingbox.com with firefox and they did not work. They react but the controll does not change the channel. With my modell slingbox 500 I cannot text in the desktop slingplayer it is apparently obsolete for this player, does it matter. I think in the web slingbox.com should it be enough, shouldn't it?

The remote control picture is similar to the one I had. At least is the most similar that I have found till now. I send to you a picture of the remote control just for the case it helps something...I have no idea...

Thanks for your effort. I wonder if it is possible to get it :-)WIN_20160404_19_41_51_Pro.jpg

alanrichey42 Master

Please read the installation instructions in full and then come back to me.

mmmlllsss

I read the link again to be sure, repeated the steps without success.

alanrichey42 Master

So why are you ignoring the part that says:

>>> If you have any problems installing these files please do NOT just report back it ‘doesn’t work’, that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report all of the following:  Followed by 12 questions that you are supposed to answer.

mmmlllsss

Dear Alanrichey,

I hope that helps in your recherche:

1.   What model Slingbox do you have?

Slingbox 500

2.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)?

the remote control appeared but I could not change channels

3.   Did you give the commands plenty of time to react?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

yes

4.   If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?

yes

5.   After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?

no

6.   If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash.  Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for).  If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?

I have the model 500 and yes the external blaster is plugged in.

7.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster?  On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly.  Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.

I moved the external blaster to different places without success

8.   Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote?

yes

9.   Are you sure your device is set to use IR ?  Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.

I have not found the way to change it or if it is possible to change it. I googled in internet without success.

10.  If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?

As far as I know only one

11.   Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ?  This has been found to help.

Yes I tried once that.

12.  Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote?  If so let me know.

No