6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2016 10:41 AM by whelp RSS

m1 reset

whelp
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I got a new router.  went through all the reset steps, my m1 slingbox goes through all the steps until after i select a remote, and then it just goes around in a circle and then comes back with the S316 code, which is a communication code.  it makes no sense as i have a picture, the remote works.  it just won't finish setting up.  i even moved the router closer.  Are there any other ideas?

Thanks

• Re: m1 reset
          sakisson Novice

if you are using a pc to rn the configuration disable firewall and antivirus or thry using a iphone or tablet to run the configuration using the sling player

i tried it with both an ipad and my mac.  same result

sakisson Novice

Download the free app from iPhone on your IPad and try with it

whelp

same problem, 

To: whelp <reggolden@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Subject: Re:  - m1 reset

m1 reset

reply from sakisson in whelp - View the full discussionDownload the free app from iPhone on your IPad and try with it

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in whelp by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following m1 reset in these streams: Inbox

sakisson Novice

Can you plug an Ethernet cable - run the setup using a computer ? Or try to change the wifi channel on your router - not sure if you are in 2.4 or 5Ghz

whelp

i plugged in an ethernet cable ran the set up and got the same error,  communication error a316.  I also went and bought a m2 and tried it just to see and it had the same error.  i will take it back and just use my m1 if i can get it set up.

I don't know on the channel or the GHZ.  but i will check.  Any other ideas?

To: whelp <reggolden@yahoo.com>

Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2016 11:26 AM

Subject: Re:  - m1 reset

m1 reset

reply from sakisson in whelp - View the full discussionCan you plug an Ethernet cable - run the setup using a computer ? Or try to change the wifi channel on your router - not sure if you are in 2.4 or 5Ghz

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in whelp by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following m1 reset in these streams: Inbox