4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2016 12:39 PM by Angel'sView RSS

No Component Out

Angel'sView
    Visibility: Open to anyone

alanrichey42,

You asked me to point out another example where you gave poor advise. Please use the community search box regarding this subject "Connect Slingbox 350 to Set Top Box" and there you will find that you suggested to Andree1205 whos STB does not have Component Output to "Use on of these SCART to Composite adaptors (Amazon or E-Bay sell them)"- But I think there's possibly a better way. If you look closer at the picture he provided of his STB, you can see that he has the STB connected (most likely) to his TV with an HDMI cable. So I question why you would suggest to him to connect his STB to his Slingbox 350 using a SCART to Composite adapter (his video quality will go down to SD). Instead, why not let him continue using the STB HDMI and an "HDMI to Component Adapter" for connection to the Slingbox 350?? That way he keeps his video quality in HD. Chances are that his TV set has Component input also. This is the same type of adapter that I suggested to community member Jamal22066 who had a similar connection problem. I know that the SCART connector stands out like a sore thumb, but if he wants video quality, an HDMI & Component connection is better.

• Re: No Component Out
          alanrichey42 Master

Fair point.  Perhaps I should stop advising on connection issues and stick to the Remote Control area

eric_b Newbie

Big deal... so, Alan was mistaken on two converters.  Do you feel better now?  From what I can see, Alan contributes more to this forum than anyone.  ... including most Sling employees and your 3 posts.  I, for one, thank Alan for his years of providing helpful information and also for implementing remote controls for just about every box under the sun.  When I had trouble getting started, he was the first to respond to my post and help out.  Any product's community forums would be well-served to have such a dedicated person to help others.  Thanks again, Alan.

alanrichey42 Master

And thanks to you Eric, your comments much appreciated.

Angel'sView

eric_b,

I am very thankful for this forum and all its contributing members and I was in no way trying to minimize or discredit alanrichey42’s contributions. He is by far the most helpful and dedicated contributor to this community forum. A lot of us would be quite lost with our Slingboxes without all his helpful information (thanks alanrichey42). I pointed out this example as alanrichey42 asked me to do, so that like he says “I can learn by my mistakes”. I do acknowledge all his hard work and effort, thank you again alanrichey42. And yes eric_b it is a big deal, unless you have lots of money and time to waste. I ordered such a converter and guess what…it was the wrong one, money and time wasted. If you’re looking to buy one of them let me know as I’m only using mine as a paper weight, lol. BTW eric_b, yes I do feel better now, my Slingbox is working very nicely, what else can I ask for :-)