47 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2016 12:13 PM by sakisson RSS

Slingbox 350 code w202 during setup

nwr90 Newbie

Hi,

I have my Slingbox 350 connected through a TL-WA850RE wifi extender, whenever I try to do setup I get the error code w202 after I put in my country and postal code

Please help, how do I fix this issue

• Re: Slingbox 350 code w202 during setup
          sakisson Novice

Hi,

If your extender is a simple switch and not s router - you must configure your slingbox while connected with an Ethernet cable directly with your router without any video input - simply run the setup like this - disable any firewall on your PC during the setup - and once installed you connect it to the extender.

nwr90 Newbie

Man thank you so much for your help ! Ive been trying everything and this actually worked

.. but its only working from inside my house on my network. I tried accessing it from somewhere else but I was unable to connect

sakisson Novice

So it works on your computer within the same network while the slingbox is connected via the extenders , then probably the port 5201 is closed on your routers firewall

Here you can find a list of routers manufacturer, choose your routers brand and model > slingbox as service and remember to open port 5201 for the IP of your slingbox ( if you have issues with this configuration, your ISP shoudl be able to assist you )  once the port is open use this link to test the port 5201 if its open then you are ready to go

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

nwr90 Newbie

Hello,

Okay it works on my phone when I use the Slingplayer app on Android and I am connected to WiFi .. however when I try to connect on my home PC it does not work and I get the following message below:

Your Slingbox is not currently accessible.

Possible causes are:

- It could be in the middle of an update

- It could be turned off

- It may have a local network issue

- It may be unable to connect to our backend services

- Your router may have an issue

Click here for more information.

In addition, if I turn off WiFi on my phone, and try to connect using my data it does not work and I get the message

Alert

Can't connect to your Slingbox because it is not connected to the Internet

The only time it works is on the Slingplayer app on my android phone while connected to my home WiFi ...

I have a Linksys E900 router and I have forwarded port 5201 as you suggested but it did not seem to make a difference

PS. I just wanted to thank you for all your help thus far