2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2016 5:55 AM by ACC6389308 RSS

Organiser le réseau ethernet de la Slingbox ...

ACC6389308
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hello,

This is a presale question.  I want to buy a Slingbox 350 or M2.

My cable modem is quite far from my HD TV.   Just beside my TV, I have a Time Capsule (TC) connected by ethernet to my cable modem via a ethernet hub.

This is my question ...  Can I have 2 ethernet hubs on the same network ?  I would like to install a 2nd hub at the TC to share the ethernet cable with the Slingbox.  I attached a hand draft of the desired connections.

Is this question clear enough ?

Thanks in advance.

Robert Lespérance

....................................................................................................................................................

Bonjour,

Ceci est une question pré-achat.   Je prévois acheter un Slingbox 350 ou M2

Mon cable-modem n'est pas au même endroit que mon téléviseur.  Ils sont assez éloignés l'un de l'autre.  Par contre, j'ai un Time Capsule à côté du téléviseur qui est relié relié au câble-modem par un cable ethernet via un concentrateur ethernet (hub).

Voici ma question ...  Est ce que je peux avoir 2 concentrateurs ethernet sur le même réseau ?  Je voudrais installer un 2è concentrateur près de la Time Capsule et ainsi partager le câble ethernet entre la Time Capsule et la Slingbox.  Je joins un petit croquis de l'installation souhaitée.

Est-ce que ma question est assez claire ?

Merci à l'avance.

Robert Lespérance

• Re: Organiser le réseau ethernet de la Slingbox ...
          sakisson Novice

Simply try to make things easy.

On your home network you need just 1 router and all the rest configured simply as switches and pass through devices , why you need a time capsule while you have already an airport express which you can also configure as a switch or also a router . 3 routers = 3 firewalls ....

Starting now from your cable modem - if this is also a router - voila - no need of more routers in your network > you configure your AirPort Extreme simply as a switch and not as a router , then the hubs the same way as well as the your time capsule ( for me you can also do without the time capsule ) if connections between all those devices is good, your main router will attribute up addresses to all connected cable and wifi devices plus your 2 slingboxes.

• Re: Organiser le réseau ethernet de la Slingbox ...
              ACC6389308

Thanks ...  The Time Capsule (TC) is used for backup purposes.  I need it for that.  I just wanted to know if I could add a second Ethernet hub to split the Ethernet cable between the TC and the Slingbox.

Le 10 mars 2016 à 19:15, sakisson <answers@slingmedia.com> a écrit :

Organiser le réseau ethernet de la Slingbox ...

reply from sakisson in Robert Lespérance - View the full discussion

Simply try to make things easy.

On your home network you need just 1 router and all the rest configured simply as switches and pass through devices , why you need a time capsule while you have already an airport express which you can also configure as a switch or also a router . 3 routers = 3 firewalls ....

Starting now from your cable modem - if this is also a router - voila - no need of more routers in your network > you configure your AirPort Extreme simply as a switch and not as a router , then the hubs the same way as well as the your time capsule ( for me you can also do without the time capsule ) if connections between all those devices is good, your main router will attribute up addresses to all connected cable and wifi devices plus your 2 slingboxes.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Robert Lespérance by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Organiser le réseau ethernet de la Slingbox ... in these streams: Inbox