5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2017 10:24 AM by DesmondPA RSS

"Internet Explorer has stopped working"

stew999

I've got a Windows 7 machine that has been working fine until this past week. Every time I startup my Slingbox 500 using IE 10 or 11, I get the "internet explorer has stopped working" and starts looking for a solution to the problem. I've tried using Google and it won't even complete the handshake. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks for your assistance!

• Re: "Internet Explorer has stopped working"
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello John,

Regarding the issue with Google Chrome; this uses a pop-up player system to bypass the 64bit only Chrome settings. If you have a pop-up blocker enabled, this could be causing the issue. As for Internet Explorer, I would try turning off Hardware Acceleration using the following steps:

1.Withing IE, Click Tools, then Internet Options.

2.On the Advanced Tab, Select Use software rendering instead or GPU rendering.

3.Click OK, then restart IE for the changes to take affect.

If this fails, Disable Protected mode

1.Withing IE Click Tools, then Internet Options.

2. On The security Tab, Click Internet, Un-check Protected Mode.

3.Click OK, then restart IE for the changes to take affect.

I hope this helps!

--Samantha

Sling Media Technical Support

ACC337381

Have the same issue (slingbox 500), neither option worked.  Even added the sling box site to trusted sites.   I can get the system to open and you can watch it for about 20 seconds, sound cuts in and out.  After that the error pops up and the system closes.

If I run the old software that only allows you to set up sling box I can leave it on all the time but you don't have remote controls, can view only.

Also loaded Firefox but have the same issue, any other ideas?

Mark

DesmondPA

Are we to assume that all support for Slingbox has been withdrawn...

I have had a Slingbox for many years but I think it is now approaching time to ditch this product. Rather than stick to the Mantra that software developers preach..If it ain't broke don't fix it...Slingbox development INSISTS on introducing new software that doesn't work and they don't seem pushed to helping he people that pay their wages..WE THE CUSTOMERS.

For about 1 year I have not been able to use the Slingplayer from IE...even tried it again today and it keeps crashing the Browser, but now Firefox will not work,,Chrome I have NEVER been able to get working. I am using Windows 10. To be fair, I don;t think any company these days has an easy time with Micros$ft pushing all types of updates out but that doesn't detract from the fact that we PURCHASE your product and it is your obligation (I would have thought) to at least be a 'little' more responsive in fixing the problems.

So, what's the story on getting the Slingplayer to work ??

Dezzz.