2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 8, 2016 12:46 PM by RiverMan RSS

Sling box often refuses to connect

RiverMan

I am on a Mac (OS X El Capitan 10.11.3).  My Slingbox appears to have a mind of its own.  On startup I always get the commercial, but often get a "Connecting to your Singbox" message that never goes away.  Sometimes if I quit and restart the app it will connect, but often that does nothing.  At times I have restarted the computer and that has worked, but it doesn't always.  Pulling the plug on the unit or doing a reset does not solve the problem either.  This is most frustrating as it may not work after several attempts one day and then connect just fine the next.  Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

• Re: Sling box often refuses to connect
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello RiverMan,

As you are using a Mac, is it safe to assume you are also using Safari? If so, this browser does have a setting that will shut down plugins. You can follow the steps below to fix this:

*Open Safari

*In The Upper Left Of The Mac; Click Safari and go into "Preferences"

*Once Preferences Has Popped Up, Go Into "Advanced"

*You Should See A Check Box That Says "Stop Plugins To Save Power"; ensure this box is empty so that the setting is inactive.

*Restart Safari; you will want to make sure that Safari is fully closed and not running in the background.

Once you have completed those steps, try and connect again. You should have no further issues from there.

I hope this helps!

--Samantha

Sling Media Technical Support