0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2016 7:14 PM by unga RSS

Slingbox 350, Actiontec Powerline Ethernet Adapter and 4-Port Hub, Arris Motorola dcx3200-m set top box

unga
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have a slingbox 350 that has worked great for 2 years. I use an Actiontec Powerline Ethernet Adapter and 4-Port Hub to get internet to the slingbox 350. It worked perfectly with ATT Uverse.

I switched from an ATT Uverse modem to a Time Warner router/modem and I have an Arris Motorola dcx3200-m set top box. I plugged a laptop into the Actiontec Powerline Ethernet Adapter and 4-Port Hub to make sure it was getting an internet signal and it did, with the wifi turned off.

The Slingbox shows it is getting an internet signal but the Sling Logo light will not light up. I get error code p-31 that the firewall is blocking it. I turned off the firewall and it still does not work.

I have tried a soft reset and it does not help. The slingbox will not show up a device on the router. But when I plug the slingbox into the router it works perfectly and shows up on the router list. So I know the Slingbox works.

While it was plugged directly into the router I changed all the settings from ATT Uverse to Time Warner and everything worked perfectly. I plugged the Slingbox back into the Actiontec Powerline Ethernet Adapter and 4-Port Hub to get internet to the slingbox but it does not work.Sling Logo light will not light up and I still get error code p-31.

I have not tried a hard reset yet. I would appreciate any help or advice.

error code p-31

P-31The Slingbox appears to be powered off.
      1. Check to make sure that your Slingbox is powered up.
      2. Check to make sure that you have Internet access with the computer or smartphone that you are using for configuration. If that works ...
      3. Check to make sure that the Network LED (next to the Power LED) on the Slingbox is glowing steadily. If it is not...
      4. Try reconfiguring the Slingbox. If you are unable to do that...
      5. Make sure that your computer isn't blocking access to your Slingbox because of firewall or antivirus software.