1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 10:31 AM by Samantha.Sling RSS

350 + DirecTV HR22 - Unable to watch a stream...

Guindalf

My DirecTV receiver is telling me that it is unable to stream as the wrong HDMI cable is attached. However, I'm connected with a COMPONENT cable!

The actual message is...

"Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with component cables will allow you to view the program."

This is an older Vizio TV and it works fine for direct viewing. The HR 22 is older and slow, but I can't see any reason for this to happen.

Ideas?

• Re: 350 + DirecTV HR22 - Unable to watch a stream...
          Samantha.Sling Apprentice

Hello Tony,

Even if you are connecting to the Slingbox with Component cabling, you will still see this issue if you have any HDMI cabling running out of the DirecTV box (even if this is just going to your TV). The easiest method to work around this would be to remove the HDMI Cable from your DirecTV box and run another set of Component  cabling out of the Slingbox and into your TV. You will not lose any video quality by doing this.

If you still want to run the HDMI cabling from the DirecTV box, you can also consider purchasing an HDMI Adapter. We have an example of one listed on our Accessories Page. I'll link it below, as well as an article that goes over it's use, just in case:

I hope this helps!

--Samantha

Sling Media Technical Support