6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2016 9:43 AM by ACC1277550 RSS

Weak Network Signal

ACC1277550

My SOLO has been working fine for about 5 years. Recently the is ceased working and I could see that the network light was just a very faint glow. Tried replugging everything, had the cables checked - all OK. Internet is working fine so router OK. In exasperation I have now bought a new SOLO, exactly the same -faint network light and whatever I do e.g.. resets, off and on etc no change. Anyone have any ideas?

• Re: Weak Network Signal
          roger.sling Newbie

Hello David,

The biggest reason the network light does not glow as strong as it used to is normally a power supply issue.  When you hooked up the new SOLO, you may have used the old power cord.  Try changing to the power cord that came with the newer SOLO, or you can purchase a new one on our website by clicking the Buy link on the top of the page and scrolling down to the "Slingbox PRO-HD / SOLO power supply.

This document may also help with this issue:

Hope this helps you out!

~Roger

Sling Media Support

ACC1277550
                ACC1277550

Morning Roger

Connecting the right power cable has helped. Power light came on, and network and one on the U flashed alternately for a bit, then network light stayed on bright. Going through the setup, first off the system Congratulates me as it has found the sling box on the network, it then tries to download new software to the sling box, gets to 25% and then just stops.

This is really frustrating.

Do you have any further input.

Thanks again

David B

-

Original message----

Date : 13/02/2016 - 21:43 (GMT)

To : davidbegbie@btinternet.com

Subject : Re:  - Weak Network Signal

Weak Network Signal

reply from roger.sling in David Begbie - View the full discussion

Hello David,

The biggest reason the network light does not glow as strong as it used to is normally a power supply issue.  When you hooked up the new SOLO, you may have used the old power cord.  Try changing to the power cord that came with the newer SOLO, or you can purchase a new one on our website by clicking the Buy link on the top of the page and scrolling down to the "Slingbox PRO-HD / SOLO power supply.

This document may also help with this issue:

Slingbox.com - Slingbox Network light just won't go on

Hope this helps you out!

~Roger

Sling Media Support

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in David Begbie by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Weak Network Signal in these streams:

Inbox

evan.sling Novice

Hi David!

The 25% update issue tends to present itself on Mac computers, but there are a couple ways you can work around it.  First, take a look at this article:

Also, take a look at this forum post.  It mentions using the older version of our Desktop application to set up the Slingbox:

Hope this helps!

-Evan

ACC1277550
                          ACC1277550

Thanks Evan

Have now followed the instructions (e.g., reset SOLO etc) and have tried from my a desktop Windows PC on the same network. It cannot locate the sling box - but if I take the MAC Pro upstairs and place it next to desktop it finds the sling box no problem, but it can't get passed the 25%.

I cannot understand why the desktop cannot locate the sling box - the screen 'LOCATING sling box on network' is displayed and just does nothing.

The Desktop connects to the network fine as we have accessed the Slingbox website when following the setup instructions.

Any ideas?

Thanks

David B

-

Original message----

Date : 15/02/2016 - 22:44 (GMT)

To : davidbegbie@btinternet.com

Subject : Re:  - Weak Network Signal

Weak Network Signal

reply from evan.sling in Networking your Slingbox - View the full discussion

Hi David!

The 25% update issue tends to present itself on Mac computers, but there are a couple ways you can work around it.  First, take a look at this article:

Slingbox.com - My Slingbox SOLO software update stops at 25 percent! What should I do?

Also, take a look at this forum post.  It mentions using the older version of our Desktop application to set up the Slingbox:

https://community.slingbox.com/message/130913#130913

Hope this helps!

-Evan

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Weak Network Signal in these streams:

Inbox