3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2011 4:05 PM by ashley0611 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Error while updating firmware

txgbfan

I just bought a Slingbox Solo and was trying to get it configured. I went to http://downloads.slingmedia.com and followed the directions. I setup an account and the Slingbox was detected on my network. I received a message saying "Need to update your Slingbox software, click next to continue". I clicked next and then immediately an error message popped up saying "Error while updating firmware". I get stuck at this point and can't go further. I have attempted this multiple times and even reset the Slingbox a couple times as well. Each time I get to the same point and get the same error message. What can I do to fix this?

• Re: Error while updating firmware
          Stevies3 Newbie

I had the same issue,   What I did was install the sling player software on another computer in my home (where the sling box resides) & updated thru that computer,  It will say "not recomended" as it thinks i'm at a remote location in case anything goes wrong, But proceeded as I was in the same location........   and all went ok