3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 1:46 PM by cristina RSS

I'm baffled

strunk

I have a Slingbox Pro connected to a Linksys WRT610N router.  The router is connected to a Comcast-provided cable modem (that also provides telephone service via cable)

I have SlingPlayer 2.0.4.521 installed on my Windows 7 desktop, and sometimes it connects to my Slingbox, sometimes it doesn't.  When it fails, I get the dialog "There was a problem communicating with the Slingbox.  Try connecting again."  However, when I try to watch via the web portal, the same PC cannot connect.  I get "Your Slingbox has been disconnected because of a poor Internet  connection. Try connecting again. You may need to use another location.  Do you want to retry?"  That's weird, since I'm on a very fast local network, and I even get this message when SlingPlayer is running perfectly.

Outside my home network, things are just as weird.  I can connect to my Slingbox via the web portal from my work computer (on an outside network), but I can't connect at all with my Android phone.  The Android app just tells me, "Connection failed.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet."  This is true whether I try connecting via 3G or WiFi.  This is even true when my phone is connected to my home network via WiFi.

I have tried port forwarding my router, but honestly, I don't see any difference.  I get the same problems whether port forwarding is enabled or disabled.

Any hints?