I have found a work-around to make SlingPlayer 220.127.116.111 work for Windows 10 which I guess will also work for Windows 8. It is not perfect, but significantly improves things.
Find the file SBCore.ini
which is probably in C:\ProgramData\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\2.0 or
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer
Do a search if you are not sure. If the file exists in more than one place, find the one which is active.
Edit the file and find the line PrechargeTime=5 and change the 5 (or whatever value is) to 0.
This seems to cure the audio delay.
However, excessive use of the remote control can cause the problem to reoccur.
I also tried this modification in SlingPlayer 1.5 but unfortunately I could not get it to work.