2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 2:58 PM by Fofo RSS

Running Two Slingbox Solos on One Network

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I just purchased and installed a Slingbox SOLO on my Charter cablebox in our family room.  Everything worked flawlessly right out-of-the-box including watching tv on my Droid.  I was even able to gain access to my Netflix account by connecting my Roku to the Slingbox using S-video and splitters on the audio cables.  Now, the only issue is having to watch whatever my wife is watching when she is in the family room and I am in my car or sitting in my recliner.  I know a Slingbox Pro-HD would have solved that problem, but my ISP upload speed is only 1 mbps and I also didn't want to spend $300 with no experience with the Slingbox.

Anyway, I am now thinking about buying a second Slingbox SOLO for the bedroom cablebox.  I have a CradlePoint MBR1000 router and I have read some threads about using port 5002 and setting up port forwarding on the router.  It seems relatively easy, but I don't want to fool with it if it is very difficult to get everything working correctly.  I am not a network engineer by any means. I'm just looking for some assurance from someone who has done this.   Also, what will I need to do to be able to access the second Slingbox using my Droid? Thanks for any input you have on this.