7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2011 2:45 PM by tedkord RSS

Download Page is broken

sdrum

If you try to download the Slingplayer Mobile app for a Windows mobile non-touch phone, all you get is a page that sasy "404 Not found"

This after going through all the menus about what type of phone you have, etc. The "people" (and I use the term loosely) at Slingbox Support won't help you at all. Even if you're trying to point out to them that they have a link that doesn't work.

What give's here?

• Re: Download Page is broken
          Apprentice

Hi, sdrum.

SlingPlayer Mobile for Windows (Non-touch screen) is found at this working link:

Windows Mobile (Non-Touch Screen)

Let us know if you have any difficulty.

Regards,
          The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

droddy

Still broken.  I'm trying to reinstall my slingplayer mobile on my Samsung Blackjack II after I lost it when my phone crashed and had to be reset.  Get to the select device page then it goes to the 404 not found page.

* Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. *

tedkord Newbie

Did you try downloading it to your PC, then transferring it to your phone to install? I don't have a non-touchscreen device, so I've never tried the DL link provided - I can't speak to whether it works or not. You can just put the .cab file on your sd card, then open it from the phone to install.

droddy

I tried.  The exe file that downloads gives an error that it's a non Windows CE file.

alanrichey42 Master
                        I tried.  The exe file that downloads gives an error that it's a non Windows CE file.

Probably means it has to be run on a PC to install it to your device.

tedkord Newbie

Yes, an install file on a WinMo phone ends with .cab, a cabinet file. If you're downloading an .exe file, you need to set your smartphone to activesync USB mode, hook it up to your PC via USB cable, wait for it to detect, then run the .exe on the PC. It will push the file to your phone via Activesync (Windows XP). It's not Activesync for Vista or Windows 7, I think it's Windows Mobile Device Center.

You other possible option is to download the .exe, use Unoversan Extractor to extract it, then in the file folder "SlingPlayer-Mobile-Smartphone-1.6.0.62-US\US" there is the .cab file. You can move that to your SD card, and run it on your phone. Just click on it in your phone's file browser. That should install it.