5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2010 11:10 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Can't Show Program Guide with SlingPlayer 2.0

Drew345

I never had problems seeing the program guide in 6 months of use; a few days ago it worked fine. Today, Opened Slingplayer and it seemed to do a slingplayer update automatically. Now the slingplayer version is 2.0.4.521.

Now, today, I have no program guide. When I try the "show program guide" option, a big box opens up with "sling accounts" across the top. Then it says "loading" for a few minutes and finally it says, "you must have an internet connection to proceed". Hello? The slingplayer is showing the football game right behind this box, obviously there is an internet connection.

The remote is working fine, controles the slingbox and changes channel fine.

I have slingplayer version is 2.0.4.521. and using Windows XP. I have a Slingbox Pro HD

Anyone else haveing trouble showing the program guide with Slingplayer 2.0? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Drew

• Re: Can't Show Program Guide with SlingPlayer 2.0
          alanrichey42 Master

I can't even log on at the moment.  Looks like the Account server is playing up.   So I guess this will be a temporary problem until they fix the servers, again !

Drew345

Well, its working now. I should have just given it a day to work itself out.

Didn't do anything, but now the program guide is fine.

Thanks,

Drew

vrcotier

Hi Alan,

Great work. I just switched to Dish and hooked the Slingbox to TV2 but needed the RF remote converter. I got it but it's not working. While I wait for a replacement I took the DTX9950 from the box and hooked up to an antenna. That's when I found your custom remote. Thanks again.

I am posting on this thread based on the title. Setting up a custom remote would not give me a program guide option to program. Is there a way to have an on screen guide with an off air converter? Just wondering if anyone else had this problem you may have seen an answer too.

Thanks again for the custom remote work,

Vance

alanrichey42 Master

I've had to think this one through and I am still not sure of the answer.   It isn't the Custom Remote, as if you select Cable or Satellite you get the option of selecting your ZIP code and provider, which leads to the Guide.  But in your case, because you are using an OTA device then the Slingbox assumes you must be using the co-ax input.    Which input are you using ?

vrcotier

I am using the Coax and think I came up with a work around after some playing this morning. Sorry I didn't post it back right away.

I chose "Stand Alone DVR" and was then given the "Analog Broadcast" option. When asked what model I then said Other and used your custom remote. That gave me control of the box and a program guide for my area. Before Dish I had a stand alone Tivo with tuner and so I took a shot.

Thanks Alan. Please post this with your DTX9950 instructions for others if you like the solution. It would not have been possible without your code.

Vance