4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2016 3:07 AM by flesh57 RSS

Slingbox Pro

flesh57

I have just changed providers from Virgin to Sky and can not get into settings to change input providers.  So presently I get no video signal, but I do get audio.  How can I get into settings to update my input.  I know it is an old slingbox pro, but it works fine for me.

• Re: Slingbox Pro
          alanrichey42 Master

You will need to go into Settings (top middle of screen) to change the remote, but that has nothing to do with the video.   Switching providers should have made no difference.   How do you have your whole system wired up ?

flesh57

Alan,

Thanks for getting back.  I remember you helped me out some years ago when I

first got the slingbox pro.  This problem was operator error.  As I moved last

year I have not set up my slingbox for over six months.  I use a slingbox pro

(not HD) and I connect using an HDFury2.  I therefore forgot that the HDFury2

requires a power source!  I was a little confused as the audio worked without

power to the Fury.  My only problem now is that with all the resets and updating

I did, to try and solve the problem I have confused my admin password for

slingmedia and I can not see a way to have it e-mailed to me.

Furthermore, is it worth upgrading to the latest slingbox.  I am a little

cautious as my new home only has about a 1 meg upload speed.  But the slingbox

pro still works fine.  Could you also tell me why google chrome and Microsoft

edge does not support slingbox.

Kind Regards

Mark Flesher

alanrichey42 Master

I was a little confused as the audio worked without power to the Fury. 

The HDFury only plays around with the video signal.  The audio connections are simply pass-through, so I would expect the audio to work,.

My only problem now is that with all the resets and updating I did, to try and solve the problem I have confused my admin password for

slingmedia and I can not see a way to have it e-mailed to me

Can't help there I'm afraid.

Furthermore, is it worth upgrading to the latest slingbox.  I am a little cautious as my new home only has about a 1 meg upload speed.  But the slingbox pro still works fine. 

Not really.   I have a very old Slingbox Classic and a new M1 and I can't tell the difference.

Could you also tell me why google chrome and Microsoft edge does not support slingbox.

It's the other way round.   Sling Media haven't bothered to update their software to work with the newer browsers.

Al