4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2016 1:56 PM by Daffyduck05 RSS

Is anyone else having issues updating the plug in?

cpoppe78
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I cannot get my slingbox player to work on any web browser and none of the updates will download.  All else on my internet works fine wondering if it is an issue with Slingbox?

• Re: Is anyone else having issues updating the plug in?
          bmwer

I also received the message that a new plug-in was available. I also tried downloading ...but no success. I think this problem has occurred previously...and it resolved itself after a day or two. But if anyone has a solution please pass it on!

bmwer

Got it to work using the firefox browser....using the instructions with going to "about:config" in brower.

ACC6524844

I'm having issues getting any of them to work...chrome, firefox, or IE.  Slingplayer gives me a message saying chrome is not supported use firefox or IE, then I use those and it says I'm not running the latest browser, when I look at the browser version, i have the most up do date version.  Firefox will act like it wants to work, but it's jerky and freezes after a few minutes.  I have installed an reinstalled slingplayer and the extensions for chrome, nothing seems to help/work no matter what i do. 

Daffyduck05

I actually called slingbox today and explained that their new slingplayer for the web is not working at all with Chrome. I to uninstalled Chrome completely reg edit and all. Then, reinstalled latest version from scratch and then re-downloaded the new SlingPlayer for web. It says installed but when you launch it from Chrome it gets stuck on the Initializing slingplayer and never opens up the second tab with your slingbox playing your material. I did however get it to work on a new install of firefox, but firefox still loads it as an extention not the new SlingPlayer for web. Firefox has always been less effective in running my slingbox for some reason I get better results with Chrome, or at least i did tell yesterday. LMAO a little. Hopefully they will have a new patch to fix it, the tech said they were aware of the problem now, as more people have called.Oh important update. Running Windows 10 updated one week ago, Adobe Flash player updated before i re -installed chrome and Slingplayer web. Turned off private firewall and anti virus for running example. Computer is a clean load pretty much used only for streaming my slingbox and doing work with office 2010.No erronius programs running in the background or other extensions initialized, clean startup bat with 98% resources free. Just the facts, right?.