4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2016 2:32 PM by thumbalina54 RSS

Download problem

dallaswebb

I cannot watch my slingbox on my computer, it constantly asks me to download the new web plugin, which I have done 10x. It seems to be stuck in some loop. Help please??

• Re: Download problem
          bmwer

same here

thumbalina54

I'm having the same problem I even restored my computer to an earlier date, and still having the same problem. HELP!!!!!

bmwer

Here is what I did..

I tried using Fire Fox browser and did this:

We do have a work around that you can try if you like. This is not a solution but should allow you to open the plug-in.

For Firefox 43.0

In the address bar type: "about:config"

A message will pop up for dangers of the these options agree to them if you would like to continue.

Search for "xpinstall.signatures.required". It should have a value of True.

Right click on "xpinstall.signatures.required"

then click on "Toggle" the value will change to false. After that just restart Firefox and try watching your Slingbox

I did this and was able to download the new plug-in and start watching...I still have not had any luck on Explorer or Chrome browers.

Hope it helps