5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2010 3:10 AM by EvoGlobe RSS

After upgrading to 2.0.4, the SlingPlayer will not launch

1937brian

I have Vista Business SP2.  SlingPlayer 2.0.3508 installed and ran fine.  I upgraded to 2.0.4.  It installed with no errors, but when I click the shortcut to start running it the hourglass runs for about 1 second, then quits.  On the Task Manager Application tab there is no SlingPlayer application running.  On the Process tab, only the SlingAgentService.exe is there, but taking 0 CPU time.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned out the registry, and am confident I am free of viruses and pests, having run Sybot, Ad-Aware, Maywarebytes, Previx and Symantec Endpoint Protection.

• Re: After upgrading to 2.0.4, the SlingPlayer will not launch
          EvoGlobe

The same happen here, Slingbox Player 2.04 is NOT working on Windows 7 x64 bit.

Very dissappointing.

Can not even kill the running process, i have to restart that i can use my Computer again.

Contacting the Support is going wors over time, it was much better last year.

alanrichey42 Master

Just to say that SP 2.0.4 DOES work perfectly well on WIN7x64.  I have it running on 2 laptops with that OS and also on another laptop running Vista SP2.   So the problems are definatley with your machines, and not with the software.

All I can suggest is to uninstall the program and then:

Make sure the following folders are deleted: (You will need to switch to view Hidden Files)

C:\Program Files\Slingmedia\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Slingmedia\

C:\ProgramData\Slingmedia\ 

C:\Users\...<You>..\AppData\Local\Slingmedia\

C:\Users\...<You>..\AppData\Roaming\Slingmedia\

Run REGDIT and remove all traces of Slingplayer.

EvoGlobe

Ok, if you have it running then i will give it another try when i come back from Vacation.

I tried it already 3 times today with uninstall, delete everything, clean registry and more what you mentioned. because it is not the first time that i have problems with it. I am also working in Computer Support and know what to do, but if you can not even kill the slingmedia.exe then i belive that something is not working right with the SP, right?

btw. there was a similar problem from 1.6 to 2.0.

....but i will try again and will post here again. Positiv or Negativ

alanrichey42 Master

Of course, the other possibility is there is a clash with another third-party program you have installed and the we haven't.  I guess the only way to cure that is a complete format/reinstallation of the OS, not something to be taken lightly, although I do try and do it very 6 months or so.  And I do admit the 2 WIN7x64 machines had the Slingplayer installed immediately after purchase and have not had much else installed.

EvoGlobe

I know how that is

... i will try, after vacation, but anyhow the software should NOT interfere with something else otherwise there are bad developer in the game.

All those situations make the customer unhappy. The same with the Media Center integration, but that is another page of dissappointment.

I only wish there would be something else on the Market that the Slingbox Guys wake up and bring some features what the Customer want and not what they want. But..... soon there is something else and i will be one of them who will left the **** behind.

I only mention Cable Card on PC, Laptop over VPN full Connection with Media Center to Cable Card. Citrix Application to stream it to mobile.

That is the Future.

Oh, i forgot, the Cable Card has 4 Channels with 1 Card. So you can imagine what you can do. Watch, record, somebody else watching something different and so on. - Slingbox beat that!! ? i doubt it.