2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2016 12:41 PM by keepontruckin RSS

Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up

keepontruckin

Verizon/FIOS just did an automatic firm-ware update to my router, causing me to need to do a hard re-set to my SB 500.  My DVR is a Cisco CHS435, which SB does not support.  I cannot remember which model I had used as a substitute way back when, abd as a result, I have chosen a DVR model which in the end, does not successfully control the SB.

Is there a way for me to change the device I want to use (I think it might be a motorola model)  without doing another hard re-set of the SB?

Thanks

• Re: Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up
          evan.sling Novice

Hi keepontruckin!

Take a look at this article, and follow the process for the Slingbox 500:

This way, you can reconfigure the remote without the need to hard reset the Slingbox.

Hope this helps!

-Evan

• Re: Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up
              keepontruckin

Thank you much--although I did find the right one (the hard way) it will be much easier the next time.

Nicholas G.

To: keepontruckin <ngxenos@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 3:21 PM

Subject: Re:  - Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up

Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up

reply from evan.sling in On-screen remote control - View the full discussionHi keepontruckin! Take a look at this article, and follow the process for the Slingbox 500:   

- Slingbox.com - I got a new set-top box, and I can't control my TV now

This way, you can reconfigure the remote without the need to hard reset the Slingbox. Hope this helps! -Evan

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in On-screen remote control by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Changing Remote without re-doing whole set-up in these streams: Inbox