It's the right place for an 'amatuer' to try and help, if you want to make an official request you need to go to "Remote Control Requests". But it takes months for Sling to respond.
Now, I couldn't find the NetLine 99HD , the closest I could find on the Logitech Harmony IR Database was the NET LINE X45 N . Probably worth a try.
Net Line X45N.zip 1.1 K
Sorry dude, I did read everything....
just answering to all the questions are there on the instructions:...
1. What model Slingbox do you have?
2. Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Test button (or selected the file and tapped ‘Continue’ on the M1 & M2)?
3. Did you give the commands plenty of time to react? (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)
4. If you are using a Solo did you try both BIN files?
Its not a solo
5. After completing the setup do any of the buttons work?
no, none of them worked
6. If you are installing on a Solo or Pro-HD or older box that uses an external IR Blaster, have you used a Digital Camera or Mobile Phone Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button? (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster through the viewfinder while you tap a button. You should see a white (not red) flash. Test it on a real remote so you know what you are looking for). If you are using a 350/500/M1/M2 have you tried using the external blaster?
I haven't done this test..(I'm living in ireland, and the devide is in Brazil... my parents wouldn't be abble to help me doing this..... (but I have 2 cable boxes there... one beside the other... one of them is working fine... (its connected on the RCA cables.. and the other (the one that is not working - netline.. ) is connected on the HDMI cable...
7. Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster? On some devices this is critical so don’t give up too quickly. Try shining a flashlight at the front of the receiver and see if you can see the IR receiver behind the smoked glass.
Unfortunately I cant do this test
8. Are you sure the device is working correctly using the real remote? sure... the remote control is there and I tested it.
9. Are you sure your device is set to use IR ? Many boxes can operate on RF or IR and if it is set to RF then the Slingbox will not affect it.
How do I identify it? I saw that the remote control shines when I press something using a digital camera
10. If you have a device that supports multiple remote addresses (DirecTV, Dish Network, Tivo…) are you sure the remote address is set to the default ?
I dont have it
11. Have you tried resetting the Slingbox. ? This has been found to help.
I haven't, but I will try to do it.(need to ask someone in brazil.... haven't gotten any chance to do it so)
12. Do you have access to a Logitech Harmony Universal Remote? If so let me know.
I doubt it. You have a few options
1. Find/buy some sort of learning remote (Harmony, Nevo C2, One-for-all...) so your parents can learn the codes (not easy, they would have to be computer literate?).
2. Send me the remote (I'm in the UK so that's probably a non-starter)
3. If the remote is available on E-Bay, pay me to buy one.
I think the second option is the best.. since the 1 would be complicated for them.. and the 3rd, its not sold on ebay....
I will try to ask someone to bring me this control to Ireland... and them I send it to you......
Please send me you contact.. (email.. phone) if possible.......
Thanks a lot for all your help so far..
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this doubt, but, I have been trying so hard to find some binary file (.bin) to upload a custom remote control for the cabble tv box "NetLine 99HD"...
I couldn't find it anywhere....
I tryed on hifi-remotes website (www.hifi-remote.com) but no luck.
If someone know where can I find I would be so glad.
Thanks a lot.