0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2016 11:51 PM by LukeDouglas RSS

Slingbox Pro - Unable to connect

LukeDouglas
    Visibility: Open to anyone

I have an older Slingbox Pro which has worked fine.  We upgraded our Comcast cable to Xfinity X1 OS (which is terrific).  So I decided to re-setup my Slingbox Pro now that I had everything on the cable working fine.  I have a range extended set next to the Slingbox, cable box and TV.  I know the Netgear range extended is working fine as I tested it with a laptop with wireless disabled.  When plugged in, the laptop can access the internet.  When I unplug the laptop, I can't access the internet.  Enough said about a working network connection.

When I plug the ethernet cable into my Slingbox Pro and plug the power cable in, it powers up and the network connection light becomes solid after a minute or two.  This tells me, it is recognizing the network.

However, when I log into my account on a browser and click on this Slingbox in my connections, it says:

Your Slingbox is not currently accessible. Possible causes are:

• It could be in the middle of an update
      • It could be turned off
      • It may have a local network issue
      • It may be unable to connect to our backend services
      • Your router may have an issue

Click here for more information.

I get a P-31 error message

I reset the Slingbox and tried again.  No luck! Same message.  I tried accessing from my desktop, laptop and mobile phone.  Same message.

So anyone have a suggestion on what I can try next?

Thanks.

Luke