3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2016 9:41 AM by pete48 RSS

iPad and iPhone Apps refuse to connect

pete48

I have a Slingbox PRO-HD in my home that was installed and working fine internally and via internet connectivity for a few years.  I recently purchased a new ZyXEL USG 50 router and correctly configured port forwarding and NAT to access the Slingbox.  I know I did this correctly as other port forwarded services are working.  The Slingbox could not be found on the internal network or externally.  I hard reset the Slingbox and then could connect internally and used the Firefox plugin to set up connection, location, remote, etc.  Using the Firefox browser the Slingbox can be used to view live TV.  However, neither the iPhone nor iPad applications will work any longer.  If using apps on the internal network they give an error status that the box has not been configured and to use the browser app to do so.  As I stated I have already set it up, the browser plugin works and the Slingbox icon has a green dot next to it.  If using the apps from external to my network they provide an error that says the slingbox is not reachable.  My router log has shown the router properly forwarding the traffic to port 5001 of the IP address where the Slingbox is located.  Any assistance is appreciated.

• Re: iPad and iPhone Apps refuse to connect
          pete48

I have determined that this is something "special" with the Pro HD.  I have another, newer slingbox on the network and it works fine.  Once again, the device has been configured and the iPad and iPhone apps say it is not and to use slingbox setup app to do so.  Anyone from Sling that can provide guidance?

evan.sling Novice

Hi Peter!

I took a look at the Slingbox on your account, and our systems tell us that for some reason, the Slingbox is indeed unconfigured.

Now, that's not to say you didn't go through the process of configuring your Slingbox, but I would give this one more shot.  Give the Slingbox one more hard reset.  Here is the article on this just in case:

Then, go to setup.slingbox.com using a computer that is connected on the same network that the Slingbox is connected to to get it set back up.

Hope this helps!

-Evan

pete48

Thanks for looking into it Evan.  I have hard reset the box about 10 times including twice yesterday following the instructions in that post.  Each time I end up in the same situation.  The box connects and streams video to the web browser on my local network, but the IOS apps say that the box is not configured.  I do note that one time after having been configured and operating with the browser for a while, I shut the browser down and upon restarting it the plugin reported that a remote had not been configured for the box.  This only happened once, other times it has worked fine.  Are there circumstances where the box "forgets" it is configured?