4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2016 9:29 AM by rkent57 RSS

Unable to Change Channels

rkent57
    Visibility: Open to anyone

(Comcast/Xfinity X1 Service Provider)

(Win 10 64 bit OS)

All use to work...

For some unknown reason I can NO LONGER change channels on my SlingBox 500!

Makes no difference if I try to change channels from my PC, iPhone or iPad.

All devices do the same thing.

The PC is hardwired to the home network.

The iPhone, iPad and laptop are wireless.

I tried to change channels while at work thinking it was my home network and the same thing happens.

Regardless, I can only view one channel but can not change the channel.

I even changed the channel on my TV at home then turned it off and that makes no difference, when I start the Sling500 from a PC or device, the 500 is stuck on one channel and you can not change it.

I have the paid version of the app and also the free version that came out a while ago.

Both apps do the same thing.

WTF!!!

• Re: Unable to Change Channels
          Rhoda Newbie

Hi rkent57!

For virtual remote issues with the Slingbox 500 check out this link:

(Just remember that any settings updates/changes to the Slingbox must be done on a computer via Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox.)

Hope this helps!

~Rhoda

Sling Media Technical Support

ACC6500074

I'm having the same exact problem. I'm a few states away from my actual Slingbox, but up until yesterday the remote stopped working. The actual Slingbox stopped working, and had my family fix it/reset it. The slingbox/sling media player is working, but now the remote isn't. Can't change a channel. Family has helped from their end, and nothing. I used that link that you have shown here, Rhoda, and still nothing. Please help. Thanks

rkent57

Rhonda:

I followed all the steps you suggested in the link you provided however, the problems still exists.

I'm able to some degree select the DVR and get to my saved episodes but it takes a bit of patients.

So the main problem is still there when trying to change channels!

I'm just frustrated now as this leads me to believe there is a firmware problem that needs to be addressed.

All worked fine a while back and all problems have begun since the "Free" version of the app came out.

Not sure if it's the app (Paid or free version) as both act the same way or if the Sling 500 needs a firmware update?

*FYI: Using IOS 9.2 on iPhone, iPad, PCs with Win-10 64 bit and the Sling 500 unit is also hardwired so the problem exists via Ethernet and wirelessly in home and away from home network.

Pls advise...

Thanks,

Ron Kent

To: Ron Kent <rkent57@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:34 PM

Subject: Re:  - Unable to Change Channels

#yiv0394132577 * #yiv0394132577 a #yiv0394132577 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv0394132577 #yiv0394132577 h1, #yiv0394132577 h2, #yiv0394132577 h3, #yiv0394132577 h4, #yiv0394132577 h5, #yiv0394132577 h6, #yiv0394132577 p, #yiv0394132577 hr {}#yiv0394132577 .yiv0394132577button td {}

|

Slingbox Answers Forum 

|

Unable to Change Channels

reply from Rhoda in Ron Kent - View the full discussionHi rkent57! For virtual remote issues with the Slingbox 500 check out this link:   

- Slingbox.com - IR Emitter/Remote Control Troubleshooting for Slingbox 350/500

(Just remember that any settings updates/changes to the Slingbox must be done on a computer via Safari, Internet Explorer or Firefox.)  Hope this helps!~RhodaSling Media Technical Support

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Ron Kent by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

Following Unable to Change Channels in these streams: Inbox