4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2010 7:45 PM by smiley3303 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Can't configure Slingbox after reset

jtrutkowski

After having no problems for over a year, I starting having trouble with internet viewing. After seeking help on slingbox.com, I reset my Slingbox. Now I have to reconfigure it. Whether I use the setup assistant at slingbox.com or in the SlingPlayer, I cannot get through it. I get a message saying it lost the connection to the Slingbox. Sometimes I get through more screens that other times, but I never get very far at all. I think the furthest I got was to the channel lineup screen.I have tried so many times, I am ready to pull my hair out. Can anybody out there help me? I don't recall any problem setting it up the first time.

Jan

• Re: Can't configure Slingbox after reset
          BrandonC Novice

jtrutkowski wrote:

After having no problems for over a year, I starting having trouble with internet viewing. After seeking help on slingbox.com, I reset my Slingbox. Now I have to reconfigure it. Whether I use the setup assistant at slingbox.com or in the SlingPlayer, I cannot get through it. I get a message saying it lost the connection to the Slingbox. Sometimes I get through more screens that other times, but I never get very far at all. I think the furthest I got was to the channel lineup screen.I have tried so many times, I am ready to pull my hair out. Can anybody out there help me? I don't recall any problem setting it up the first time.

Jan

Jan,

That is typically a problem from either a bad or weak power supply or bad capacitors in the Slingbox itself.

Usually what people do is try a good known power supply and if that does not fix it then they check the capacitors on their Slingbox.

*** Edited to observe Slingbox Answers Forum House Rules by Moderator. ***

Expert

Hi Jan - when you reset the box, did you perform a "hard reset"? If not, that may be your first and best troubleshooting step:

How to reset your Slingbox

Beyond that, here are some great troubleshooting articles to try for configuration issues:

I can't connect to my Slingbox when I am at home

Internet Viewing has stopped working and I am currently at home

If you can't resolve the issue on your own, or need further help, please call us - we'd like to help:

Contact Sling Media

(Note that we strongly discourage customers from opening their Slingbox to attempt repairs, not only does that void any warranty on the box, but is potentially dangerous!)

Thanks

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team

BobVB

Jan, I'm having the identical problem - did a reset and it sits there fine with the two lights on but as soon as I start using the setup assistant  the access light lights it and the network connection light drop, then the network connection lights back up but setup has failed.  I did the reset because I was having dropped programs a few seconds after it started.

Glad to know its not just me, not so happy to find out it probable means my Slingbox has met its end.

Things just aren't built to last any more it seems...

smiley3303

I also have this problem not good where can I get a replacement cord?