4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2010 12:46 PM by volox Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Why is it so hard to find the slingplayer for windows download?

gsenior

Why is it so hard to find the slingplayer for windows download?

Just taken me 15 minutes to find it, why make it so hard or am i just stupid?

• Re: Why is it so hard to find the slingplayer for windows download?
          tiborg Newbie

I feel your pain Took me a while to find the desktop client too.

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when you go to Support->Downloads, it presents you with these colorful buttons for setting up the box and watching it, but the actual download link is a small grey section titled "Other downloads" or even "Previous Version" in the case of the Mac software. Most likely, Sling doesn't want you using the desktop client, rather just the browser plugin version.

boxwatcher

thank you....i couldnt find slingplayer install directions..i  called support and a  wonderful tech told me i was out of warranty...i have 2 slingboxes and i spent close to 300 but a simple question was going to cost me 29.99..i thank you for finding the little gray box....i love their product but the people skills

arent there...having worked in the service business for over 30 years ive learned you dont treat customers that way

Apprentice

Hi guys, here you can find the available versions of the Slingplayer software, they are not difficult to find if you follow the right directions on the web site.

Web Slingplayer.

Slingplayer 2.0 US

Slingplayer 1.5 US

Best regards,

The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator Team

volox

Rafael,

Agree with the earlier posters.  When you navigate to the main slingbox site, click support, and click downloads you end up here: http://support.slingbox.com/go/downloads-windows

And one would expect there to be a link on that page for actually downloading the software.  But you have to look over to the right side under 'other downloads' and click two more times to get to the page you provided where the link for download is provided.

Your comment comes off with a poor tone about it.  As if those of us with 12+ years of website programming and design experience aren't smart because it was difficult for us to find the link.  And frankly I don't know what 'directions' you are referring to because I didn't see anything on any of the pages I was looking at that said 'if you want to actually download the desktop client click here and then here and then here and then here...'

I think your post stands as an example of sling's customer's frustrations where we provide a comment about features, usability, or problems we are having and rather than someone taking the input and trying to make an improvement we either get told we have to pay more money or we get a comment that we aren't doing something right.

Sling needs to learn to take constructive critism and use it to improve their products.