7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2010 8:49 AM by garyg312 RSS

Iphone Sling Player connection Problem

wallyl

I have 4-Slingboxes, 1 in Pa. 2 in NJ and my home in Fla.

I am able to connect to all except for my home one in Fla, using my Iphone.  I can connect with my computer and my Daughter in Pa using her Iphone can also connect.  Any suggestions as to why I can't connect here where I live would be greatly appreciated.  Error Message is......

Slingplayer cannoit connect to your Slingbox.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again.

Thank you

• Re: Iphone Sling Player connection Problem
          eferz Expert

I recommend checking the port forwarding rules for the router that's hosting the SLingbox.  Make sure that it is forwarding the UDP and TCP ports of the SLingbox to its private IP address.  Usually this problem is associated with only one or the other being forwarded or the Slingbox's IP address has changed and the port forwarding rules has been invalidated.

wrobertschicago

Slingplayer Mobile on my iPhone 4 stopped working over 3g. I get a  different error message: "Due to an account issue streaming has been  disabled." Huh? My Slingbox account? My ATT account (I have the  unlimited data plan)? Works fine over WiFi, and doesn't seem to be an  issue with my Slingboxes. I have two in Chicago, which I watched on my  laptop in Texas this Summer. I can watch the Texas Slingbox on my laptop  in Chicago. Has anyone else gotten this ridiculous, freaking message?

flash3433

I have a Slingbox Pro which has worked perfectly fine for months both over the internet on on my iPad and iPhone. Up till now it worked on my iPhone 4, but since I upgraded to ios 4.1 it has stopped working on the iPhone only. Same error message as stated on this thread previously ("Slingplayer cannoit connect to your Slingbox.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again."), and now a new error message that says, "Invalid IP address, port, or domain name."